From MakeHuman Community Wiki
Revision as of 10:22, 13 July 2017 by Joepal
This page lists frequently asked questions.
- FAQ: What happened to the MHX export in MH 1.1.x and later?
- FAQ: MakeHuman renders odd colours and weird transparency artefacts. Can you help me?
- FAQ: What happened to the special assets genitalia?
General / unsorted
- FAQ: What is MakeHuman?
- FAQ: What is the prefered method for contacting the MakeHuman crew?
- FAQ: Is there an IRC channel?
- FAQ: How much does MakeHuman cost?
- FAQ: What happened to the XYZ asset?
- FAQ: I want to make a code fork of MakeHuman, but I hate mercurial or BitBucket
- FAQ: Do you have some quick tips on how to make a nice image with a makehuman toon?
- FAQ: What is a fashion render?
- FAQ: What is Open Source?
- FAQ: What is a target?
- FAQ: What is the meaning of the numbers in MakeHuman release?
- FAQ: What is a proxy?
- FAQ: What is a nightly build?
- FAQ: Where are the nightly builds?
- FAQ: Will the nightly build work?
- FAQ: Can I use the stable version and the nightly build at the same time?
- FAQ: What's with the "makehuman-community-*" file name?
- FAQ: How can I run the same code as the nightly build from source?
- FAQ: Why quadrilaterals?
- FAQ: What happened to the specific skeletons (the UE and SL rigs for example)?
- FAQ: Why is there no perspective mode?
- FAQ: Where can I download MakeHuman?
- FAQ: Where can I find older Versions of MakeHuman?
- FAQ: I'm using ubuntu. Is there a PPA?
- FAQ: Which version of MakeHuman should I download?
- FAQ: Where are my MakeHuman files found (where is my HOME directory)?
- FAQ: Where can I unzip MakeHuman (in Windows)?
- FAQ: How can I run MakeHuman from a BitBucket source clone?
- FAQ: How can I build MakeHuman from source?
- FAQ: I downloaded third party clothes. How do I install them?
- FAQ: I downloaded a third party model. How do I install it?
- FAQ: I downloaded a third party proxy. How do I install it?
- FAQ: I downloaded a third party target. How do I install it?
- FAQ: I downloaded a third party plug-in. How do I install it?
- FAQ: How do I uninstall MakeHuman?
- FAQ: Can I sell models created with MakeHuman?
- FAQ: Can I create a commercial closed source game with models generated by MakeHuman?
- FAQ: How can I create targets?
- FAQ: How can I create skin textures?
- FAQ: How can I create clothes?
- FAQ: How can I create hair?
- FAQ: How can I create extra bodyparts?
- FAQ: How can I create proxies or alternative topologies?
- FAQ: How can I create poses?
- FAQ: How can I create a thumbnail file?
- FAQ: I already have a 3d object from elsewhere. How can I use it in MH?
- FAQ: Can I export an asset from Blender and get it back into MakeHuman?
- FAQ: I have photos of a real person. Can I use those for making a skin?
- FAQ: How do I make and upload a fashion render?
- FAQ: How do I submit a bug report?
- FAQ: How to provide a makehuman log for a good bug report?
- FAQ: I want to contribute code in a more structured manner. What is the recommended procedure?
- FAQ: I want an easy code task to get to learn the makehuman code. Where should I start?
- FAQ: I have made a code patch. Where do I send it?
- FAQ: I'm not a coder. How can I contribute?
- FAQ: I have made a new asset for MakeHuman. How can I contribute it?
- FAQ: I have made a tutorial. How do I contribute it?
- FAQ: I want to help write documentation. How do I do that?
Rendering, materials and node setups
- FAQ: What is the general policy towards NSFW content and discussions?
- FAQ: Is it ok to share NSFW imagery on the forums?
- FAQ: Is it ok to share NSFW content in the user contribution repos?
- FAQ: The publisher could not be verified
- FAQ: My Antivirus tool blocks MakeHuman or Norton Antivirus reports WS.Reputation.1
- FAQ: There seems to be a version mismatch between MHX and blender
- FAQ: I am using the ubuntu or debian version of MakeHuman and...
- FAQ: MakeHuman fails to start in windows, nothing seems to happen when I click the exe
- FAQ: Eyes are rendered completely white (or black) in blender
- FAQ: I can't download from the user repos, all files are saved as HTML