MH Problems

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

MH Problems

Postby VapeLord » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:18 pm

Hello Forum,

since a graphics card driver update MH does not start anymore. Also the last NightlyBuild does not start. --noshaders does not work either. Run as admin does not work either.
I am slowly despairing, because everything worked before.

python_err.txt
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 630 times
VapeLord

Re: MH Problems

Postby Elvaerwyn » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:23 am

I would never deem myself the one to help you with your individual driver error with mh vape but if you just want to get back to where you were, you may consider simply rolling back your graphic driver to the last known version that it worked with your makehuman program for the time being? Just food for thought, sorry to hear this is happening to you buddy,
Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby VapeLord » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:37 am

Hi Elv and thanks for the answer. The problem is that when I reset the graphics card driver, all Blender versions from 2.8 on do not work anymore. :cry:
VapeLord

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 am

It looks like OpenGL doesn't start at all. In that case I tend to say that's not a problem with MH. If I get it correctly MH is running on a Win7 ? In your situation I'd try to run MakeHuman from source code. Get a python version (>3.6) that fits to your OS architecture (32 or 64 bit) and then install PyQT5 (<5.14). numpy and pyopengl using pip. It might also be necessary to get some MS visual c redistributables (Google could be helpful).
Aranuvir

Postby punkduck » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:32 am

I just discovered we have a new option "noSampleBuffers". I am rookie with OpenGL tbh. but I just checked what has changed since I did my last changes with some targets. This was new for me,

At least can you try with this option (because of python_err.txt, GL_SAMPLES_ARB looks like that). (use --noSampleBuffers )

Maybe that helps. I could be totally wrong of course :?
punkduck

Postby joepal » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:52 am

I agree with Aranuvir: it looks as if you have no opengl support at all. It fails at trying to get the vendor string from the opengl implementation.

If that simple operation fails, it is unlikely more complex operations would work.

I assume you have tried everything here? http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... _not_start
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby VapeLord » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:20 pm

@Aranuvir
Yes, Win7 64Bit.
Now I downloaded and installed the latest Python version and numpy etc. The rest I don't really understand. :?: :?: :?:

OpenGL works, otherwise Blender would not start. My graphics card (Radeon HD 7690m xt) supports up to OpenGL 4.1.
MH worked without any problems before. Now neither the old Alpha3 nor the last NightlyBuild works.

@punkduck

Thanks for the tip, but that doesn't work either. :cry:

@joe

I tried this up and down.... more than 10 hours...nothing worked.
VapeLord

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:55 pm

If you want to run from source code you need some extra Python libraries. They are installed with the "pip" command. These are PyQt5, numpy and PyOpenGL. The version of PyQt5 has to be nailed down to something < 5.14. Google will help you here. And you CANNOT simply replace the Python bundled with the MakeHuman application. You need to get the code from github!
Aranuvir

Postby VapeLord » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:10 pm

I already wrote above that I have done this with Python. Installed as it is described in the wiki but I don't understand the rest. It is too complicated for me and my mood and concentration is not the best after hours of futile testing. So please forgive me if I come across a bit rough.
How can something like this happen? Everything worked perfectly before?
VapeLord

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:52 pm

What's so complicated? Here comes a 20s tutorial:

0) Delete the MakeHuman Application and Python installation (keep MakeHuman's user data)
1) Do a fresh install of Python (let the installer configure your path environment variable and install pip, this should be default, though I'm not sure, haven't used Windows for month...).
2) Open cmd.exe
3) Type " pip install PyQt5==5.13.2 numpy PyOpenGL
4) Download the code from github (https://github.com/makehumancommunity/m ... master.zip)
5) Unzip to your location of choice (preserve the folder structure)
6) Lcate the makehuman.py file and remember the full path
7) In cmd.exe type "cd c:\to\the\path\from 6)\"
8) In cmd.exe type "python makehuman.py"

Perhaps getting those Visual C++ Redists (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads) can be helpful, too.
Aranuvir

Next

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests