Measurer tool

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Measurer tool

Postby zertrax » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:43 pm

It would be great, to get an closest idea of what are us doing, some references can resolve this.
Something like a meter and/or real scale objects (soccer ball for example)
zertrax

Re: Measurer tool

Postby Manuel » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:19 pm

We already have a "measure mode". It's to improve, but it works.
Manuel

Postby duststorm » Wed May 01, 2013 2:04 pm

We are planning advanced modeling features in a measure mode, but it's still on the drawing board.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby skm » Mon May 27, 2013 4:32 pm

In measure mode can I measure two or multiple points on body by selecting them through mouse clicks.
I was looking into code and could not figure out how I can tell vertices of a body part say nose?
Is there any way to check vertices of body part?

Thanks,
skm
skm

Postby duststorm » Mon May 27, 2013 6:04 pm

skm wrote:In measure mode can I measure two or multiple points on body by selecting them through mouse clicks.
I was looking into code and could not figure out how I can tell vertices of a body part say nose?
Is there any way to check vertices of body part?

No it doesn't work like that.
The measure tool measures and lets you adjust the sizes of some defined body regions, which are often used for measuring body type characteristics.

We relate bodyparts to vertices using vertex groups on the mesh. So for a specific vertex you can get the group name it belongs to. A group can be, for example 'right upper leg'.
MakeHuman, however does contain ray-plane intersection code that allows you to perform intersection tests and return the nearest vertex. This is used for example for picking the groups in micro editing or in the measure tool for picking the right part.
From that result you can pick the nearest vertex, if you desire. The version in svn contains an example of how to pick the nearest vertex in the free edit plugin.
So if you want to dig in the code and create your own plugin, this should not be so hard. One unit in MakeHuman relates to 1dm in real world units.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby skm » Wed May 29, 2013 4:33 pm

The version in svn contains an example of how to pick the nearest vertex in the free edit plugin.
So if you want to dig in the code and create your own plugin, this should not be so hard. One unit in MakeHuman relates to 1dm in real world units.

[/quote]

Hi,
I looked into SVN and could not find any plugin named "free edit" or anything similar.
I'm having latest copy at revision 5230 from svn branch "http://makehuman.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/makehuman"
Let me know branch and exact plugin name to look into.
Thanks,
SKM
skm

Postby duststorm » Fri May 31, 2013 12:33 am

skm wrote:I looked into SVN and could not find any plugin named "free edit" or anything similar.

It's called "plugins/0_modeling_5_editing.py"
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Return to User contributions