Extremely slow pose mode with MakeHuman

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Extremely slow pose mode with MakeHuman

Postby fatanraja » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:39 am

Hello,I started working a bit more in Blender recently, I wanted to try making something with actual humans, so I figured MakeHuman would be a good option for creating the base mesh.

I exported the mesh using MHX2 with the default rig (I tried the default Blender plug-in, and other rigs too, no difference though) and successfuly imported it into blender. I entered Pose Mode and tried making some changes, but as soon as I tried choosing a bone to move I noticed a slight delay, which is already a bad sign. When I try to rotate the bone it starts to lag horribly, which makes making any precise adjustments impossible and is overally almost completely unusable. Only thing in my workspace is my character model. I tried disabling subsurface modifier, no changes.

One thing to note, I'm currently stuck with an ancient ATI HD5770 which is completely unsupported (I can't even run the newest Blender version) so Blender runs completely on my Ryzen 3600. Could that be the problem? I understand that complex meshes take a while to calculate, but if this performance is normal, that makes MakeHuman pretty much unusable for Blender...
fatanraja

Re: Extremely slow pose mode with MakeHuman

Postby RobBaer » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:47 pm

fatanraja wrote:One thing to note, I'm currently stuck with an ancient ATI HD5770 which is completely unsupported (I can't even run the newest Blender version) so Blender runs completely on my Ryzen 3600. Could that be the problem? I understand that complex meshes take a while to calculate, but if this performance is normal, that makes MakeHuman pretty much unusable for Blender...

The MHX2 format is also ancient and had to be upgraded at around Blender 2.8 or so. I don't know what version of the plugin you are using or the version of Blender you are using. There is some possibility that you don't have a Blender compatible mhx2. It is also possible that your hardware is just too old.

The one positive suggestion is to try installing the MHPB plugin in your Blender and transfering the human that way. You will also need to go to the community tab and check accept connection. This might make things work more cleanly.
RobBaer

Re: Extremely slow pose mode with MakeHuman

Postby sortshade » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:56 am

RobBaer wrote:
fatanraja wrote:One thing to note, I'm currently stuck with an ancient ATI HD5770 which is completely unsupported (I can't even run the newest Blender version) so Blender runs completely on my Ryzen 3600. Could that be the problem? I understand that complex meshes take a while to calculate, but if this performance is normal, that makes MakeHuman pretty much unusable for Blender... burrito craft

The MHX2 format is also ancient and had to be upgraded at around Blender 2.8 or so. I don't know what version of the plugin you are using or the version of Blender you are using. There is some possibility that you don't have a Blender compatible mhx2. It is also possible that your hardware is just too old.

The one positive suggestion is to try installing the MHPB plugin in your Blender and transfering the human that way. You will also need to go to the community tab and check accept connection. This might make things work more cleanly.

I appreciate your answer
sortshade

Return to General discussions about makehuman