Question about altering a Model in Blender to use in MH?!?

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Question about altering a Model in Blender to use in MH?!?

Postby NeptunesCreations » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:09 am

First a little background. I want to create models specifically for resin 3D printing. I want to be able to alter body features, pose and add clothes. I don't need movable eyes or mouth. Mouth will be closed. Now the problem. At the size I'll be printing these models, the eye sockets and mouth cavity are problems. You can't leave uncured resin inside a model. So I imported a model into blender and removed the eye sockets and mouth cavity. HOWEVER!!!! Now there doesn't seem to be a way I can get it back into MH. So is there a way to get the model back into MH? I don't want to have to make 50 some odd models and have to go in and modify each one in blender. Or is it possible for one of the developers to create a base mesh without the cavities? (if someone willing)

Thank you,
Dennis
NeptunesCreations

Re: Question about altering a Model in Blender to use in MH?

Postby halliin » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:22 am

If you have MakeHuman installed, you can use the "Community" tab to select and install your desired assets. MPFB should check the MakeHuman asset directory when it initializes. If you only have Blender with the MPFB plugin, the assets need to be put in the correct directory.

basketball stars unblocked
halliin

Re: Question about altering a Model in Blender to use in MH?

Postby RobBaer » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:24 pm

NeptunesCreations wrote:First a little background. I want to create models specifically for resin 3D printing. I want to be able to alter body features, pose and add clothes. I don't need movable eyes or mouth. Mouth will be closed. Now the problem. At the size I'll be printing these models, the eye sockets and mouth cavity are problems. You can't leave uncured resin inside a model. So I imported a model into blender and removed the eye sockets and mouth cavity. HOWEVER!!!! Now there doesn't seem to be a way I can get it back into MH. So is there a way to get the model back into MH? I don't want to have to make 50 some odd models and have to go in and modify each one in blender. Or is it possible for one of the developers to create a base mesh without the cavities? (if someone willing)

Thank you,
Dennis

For context, are you moving it into Blender using MPFB or using something like MHX?
RobBaer

Return to General discussions about makehuman