Which blender plugin / instructions for 2.91+

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Which blender plugin / instructions for 2.91+

Postby alecjames » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:31 pm

is there an up to date tutorial for make human 1.2 / blender 2.91? (model tranfer, makeclothes, etc)

Thanks
A
alecjames

Re: Which blender plugin / instructions for 2.91+

Postby fake_Person » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:35 pm

No I don't Think there is. but I am using blender 2.91 with the same blender makehuman plugin. nothing really Goes wrong with mine

do you need help on something?
14 year old deadbeat http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature#
fake_Person

Postby RobBaer » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:08 pm

As a general rule, you will find that nothing much is different from Blender 2.8x onward in this regard.

Depending on the details you are looking for, Joel has included some videos on the MakeHuman Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/makehuman. You could also look at the Facebook site to see what you might find there: https://www.facebook.com/makehuman/post ... 668590752/

Be sure to also look at the Wiki for text-based information/tutorials: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Main_Page
RobBaer

Postby alecjames » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:02 pm

Thanks for the info.

I'm new to both blender and makehuman so I was looking for an up to date guide. I've been caught out with other software by following tutorials for old versions only to find its not like that anymore :)

I found a makehuman to blender wiki page that says its out of date and it suggests another link; the link does not link to the info I was after (to my uneducated mind).

In blender there is a makehuman import panel that opens from the right of my layout work space. Is there a document that describes the buttons / settings on that plugin?
alecjames

Postby RobBaer » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:15 pm

alecjames wrote:Thanks for the info.

I'm new to both blender and makehuman so I was looking for an up to date guide. I've been caught out with other software by following tutorials for old versions only to find its not like that anymore :)

I found a makehuman to blender wiki page that says its out of date and it suggests another link; the link does not link to the info I was after (to my uneducated mind).

In blender there is a makehuman import panel that opens from the right of my layout work space. Is there a document that describes the buttons / settings on that plugin?

Perhaps I misunderstand what you want, but see the image below. In MH you need to go to Community > Socket tab and accept connections and you might as well check Advanced settings so you can see what is happening but you needed I don't think. Then in Blender delete the default cube, bring up the "N" panel and click the Makehuman tab on the right. Within the Makehuman panel click import Human. You should see the human from you current MakeHuman interface in Blender just like magic.

If this is not what you want to do, ask a more complete version of your question and I'll try again.

MPFB.png
Moving a human to Blender
RobBaer

Postby alecjames » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:37 am

On the plugins page, for blender, there are two links for each item, e.g.

Link1 = MakeHuman plugin for blender Link2 = (download zip)

Link 1 goes to github where there is documentation explaining how to use the plugin, written in the project readme.md file.

Link 2 is a link to the plugin file download itself

Makeclothes2 has similar, but the documentation is missing, it just says "Reimplementation of MakeClothes". MakeClothes (old) has no link to github so I don't know if the old version had documentation.

In the wiki, it says (makehuman workflows) "The Blender tools (MakeClothes, MakeWalk, MakeTarget) for designing and working with MakeHuman internal assets are described elsewhere."

I can't find the makeclothes2 documentation, does it exist?
alecjames

Postby Elvaerwyn » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:08 pm

alecjames wrote:On the plugins page, for blender, there are two links for each item, e.g.

Link1 = MakeHuman plugin for blender Link2 = (download zip)

Link 1 goes to github where there is documentation explaining how to use the plugin, written in the project readme.md file.

Link 2 is a link to the plugin file download itself

Makeclothes2 has similar, but the documentation is missing, it just says "Reimplementation of MakeClothes". MakeClothes (old) has no link to github so I don't know if the old version had documentation.

In the wiki, it says (makehuman workflows) "The Blender tools (MakeClothes, MakeWalk, MakeTarget) for designing and working with MakeHuman internal assets are described elsewhere."

I can't find the makeclothes2 documentation, does it exist?

try this page
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... :ClothesV2
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby alecjames » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:43 am

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for :)
alecjames

Return to General discussions about makehuman