Wish List

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Wish List

Postby chuck_starchaser » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:06 am

Sorry to revive a kind of oldish thread; I just saw it now for the first time. Lovemakehuman, why not, as far as directx code is concern, why not just write your code in directx and send patches to Manuel? If the code is useful, I'm sure he could translate your directx stuff to ogl easily and commit it.
chuck_starchaser

Postby Manuel » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:21 pm

chuck_starchaser wrote:Sorry to revive a kind of oldish thread; I just saw it now for the first time. Lovemakehuman, why not, as far as directx code is concern, why not just write your code in directx and send patches to Manuel? If the code is useful, I'm sure he could translate your directx stuff to ogl easily and commit it.

This is not so simple because we don't have directx expert in the team...
Manuel

Postby chuck_starchaser » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:14 pm

It's not that hard. OpenGL is more state oriented, where you set many flags and variables to get a particular rendering mode, then render, and then return those flags and variables to the original state, so you tend to keep like a stack of ogl states. DirectX is a lot more stateless, and so it usually takes a few more parameters than ogl for most functions; but otherwise it's basically the same thing; you'd figure it out in like 5 minutes flat.
chuck_starchaser

Previous

Return to General discussions about makehuman