Human texture in Blender

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Human texture in Blender

Postby TheMangaa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi,

I think I am a newbie, so I post my newbie question here :D

I' m searching for a skin for my makehuman man, which I have imported into Blender to work with it (i' ve taken an .dae file for this)
I tried to make it on myself, but I'm very untalented in drawing the Texture with gimp :D

So i have searched in the web and found a statement in which the writer spoke about a makehuman standard texture, but on every importing my .dae from m.h. I've just get an grey human without an texture (importing to Blender again...)

PLEASE HELP ME OR SAY ME HOW TO MAKE / DOWNLOAD AN TEXTURE FOR MY BLENDER MAN .....

thx in advance

mangaa
TheMangaa

Re: Human texture in Blender

Postby brkurt » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Hello Mangaa...

There's lots of folks who can answer this, but I'll ballpark it for you. :)

First of all, are you using a Nightly Build? If you are using Blender 2.61, then you need the mhx exporter script version 1.9.
If you are using Windows 7, this is a real doozie to find; I use Linux, and I think OS X.x is basically the same.

When you use the Blender export to your makehuman folder, just use the Blender 2.5 options; that will give you the UV map and the texture image you will need. It's best to export to Blender, then export to DAE from there, if you want the maximum number of features to be retained.

Given what OS you are using, do a global (all drives) search for texture.png

That will tell you where your version of Makehuman is storing textures; it's usually found in /data/textures, but that's Linux language, hth. :geek:
brkurt

Return to Newbies