Clothes from alpha 8

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Clothes from alpha 8

Postby Lemon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm not using the SVN version so far but I'd be very grateful if I could use the clothes and hairstyles available in the newest version in my alpha 7. Is it possible?
Lemon
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:44 am

Re: Clothes from alpha 8

Postby Manuel » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:57 pm

They are more or less the same, since we have not increased the libraries, due lack of modellers.
Manuel
 

Re: Clothes from alpha 8

Postby brkurt » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Manuel wrote:They are more or less the same, since we have not increased the libraries, due lack of modellers.


Hello Manuel...

I'm willing to devote a lot of time to the clothing library, if the team can work out the copyright issues.

I have been waiting for MH Alpha 8 before I download and purchase Marvelous Designer.

Once I have the protocols for the submitting to the MH clothing library, I can legally donate my designs to MH from my Marvelous Designer work,
since that works with their copyright, as MH is non-profit.
brkurt
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:49 pm

Re: Clothes from alpha 8

Postby Manuel » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:48 pm

brkurt wrote:
Manuel wrote:They are more or less the same, since we have not increased the libraries, due lack of modellers.


Hello Manuel...

I'm willing to devote a lot of time to the clothing library, if the team can work out the copyright issues.

I have been waiting for MH Alpha 8 before I download and purchase Marvelous Designer.

Once I have the protocols for the submitting to the MH clothing library, I can legally donate my designs to MH from my Marvelous Designer work,
since that works with their copyright, as MH is non-profit.


Hi Kurt, Thank you!
can you point me to the Marvelous Designer license, so I can check it?
We should make a submit section where the uploader agree and declare that it's original material...
Manuel
 

Re: Clothes from alpha 8

Postby brkurt » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:41 pm

Manuel wrote:
brkurt wrote:
Manuel wrote:They are more or less the same, since we have not increased the libraries, due lack of modellers.


Hello Manuel...

I'm willing to devote a lot of time to the clothing library, if the team can work out the copyright issues.

I have been waiting for MH Alpha 8 before I download and purchase Marvelous Designer.

Once I have the protocols for the submitting to the MH clothing library, I can legally donate my designs to MH from my Marvelous Designer work,
since that works with their copyright, as MH is non-profit.


Hi Kurt, Thank you!
can you point me to the Marvelous Designer license, so I can check it?
We should make a submit section where the uploader agree and declare that it's original material...


Here is the location of the Marvelous Designer License:
http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/marvelous/licenseagreement.aspx
brkurt
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:49 pm

Re: Clothes from alpha 8

Postby Lemon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:09 pm

I've seen some hats on the screenshots of alpha 8. Aren't those officially included to the library?

I'm using Marvelous Designer 2 too, but I was convinced the stuff created there couldn't be used as a part of such a project as MakeHuman. It would be great if I'm wrong.
Even found a topic mentioning MakeHuman on their forum (http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/forum/discussion/319/a-legal-question)
Lemon
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:44 am

Re: Clothes from alpha 8

Postby duststorm » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Lemon wrote:I've seen some hats on the screenshots of alpha 8. Aren't those officially included to the library?

In the svn version and the next release, yes.
MakeHuman™ developer
User avatar
duststorm
 
Posts: 2566
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:57 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Clothes from alpha 8

Postby Manuel » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Lemon wrote:I've seen some hats on the screenshots of alpha 8. Aren't those officially included to the library?

I'm using Marvelous Designer 2 too, but I was convinced the stuff created there couldn't be used as a part of such a project as MakeHuman. It would be great if I'm wrong.
Even found a topic mentioning MakeHuman on their forum (http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/forum/discussion/319/a-legal-question)


Oh..on the forum above mentioned they even say Apollo Maximus is free for commercial use. Probably they missed the copyright notice on the Apollo's web site:

" All content, digital or otherwise, is the exclusive copyright protected intellectual property of Anton Kisiel and Anton Kisiel designs. No part of any included content may be distributed modified, redesigned, reverse engineered, or used as resource for the purpose of redistribution, other than to create content exclusively for, and without exception, the Apollo Maximus figure, either personal or commercial.
These files are not open source, development resource, or starter kits for any digital or commercial product unless exclusively related to/for the Apollo Maximus 3d human figure. The included files cannot be used to create any distributed commercial, or non-commercial 3D models, products, freebies, or textures for any other digital content or medium unless exclusively for use associated with the Apollo Maximus figure or 3D model. They cannot be used to create new figures, human or otherwise. Exclusive rights to these included files cannot to sold or transferred by anyone other than Anton Kisiel.
The user has permission to use these files, unrestricted, for any 2D or 3D projects for non-distributable personal use only. [...etc etc...]"
Manuel
 

Re: Clothes from alpha 8

Postby brkurt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:48 pm

Hello Manuel...

What is your conclusion about the clothes generated from a personal license for Marvelous Designer? :?

If I read the page correctly, it says that I can donate these to the Makehuman library, as long as it is clear there will be no remuneration.

- 3D Data Sales: Licensee may distribute his/her own 3D works created in Software and their 3D derivatives for non-commercial purpose. Licensee may sell his/her own 3D works and their 3D derivatives solely in www.MarvelousDesigner.com.
- 2D Data Sales: Licensee may distribute or sell any 2D images and 2D animations derived from his/her original works.


Please correct me if I am wrong. :|
brkurt
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:49 pm

Re: Clothes from alpha 8

Postby rfairhurst » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:44 pm

brkurt wrote:Hello Manuel...

What is your conclusion about the clothes generated from a personal license for Marvelous Designer? :?

If I read the page correctly, it says that I can donate these to the Makehuman library, as long as it is clear there will be no remuneration.

- 3D Data Sales: Licensee may distribute his/her own 3D works created in Software and their 3D derivatives for non-commercial purpose. Licensee may sell his/her own 3D works and their 3D derivatives solely in http://www.MarvelousDesigner.com.
- 2D Data Sales: Licensee may distribute or sell any 2D images and 2D animations derived from his/her original works.


Please correct me if I am wrong. :|


I can't speak for Manuel, but my concern would be that the downstream user would think that the Marvelous Designer clothes were like the MakeHuman clothes which can be altered, distributed or sold without restriction. It is unlikely that the downstream user would realize that the Marvelous Designer clothes had to be removed from their original characters, images, games, or animations or follow the above restrictions.

The key phrases in the agreement is "his/her own" 3D works ... and their 3D derivatives, and "Licensee" may ... "his/her" original works .... The "his/her" and "Licensee" designations apply to every aspect of the above language. I believe that screws downstream users if they create any of their own original works or derivatives. All provisions of the language above only apply to original works and derivatives of the actual Marvelous Designer licensee and only so long as they are unaltered by any non-licensed parties and continue to be used under the restrictions of the Marvelous Designer license. The only thing I think a downstream unlicensed user might arguably be able to do is take a Marvelous Designer licensee's 2D images and 2D animations and redistributed or sell them unaltered, but it reads to me like even that is not allowed. So, the assumption has to be that any downstream non-licensee cannot create any original 3D or 2D outputs using Marvelous Designer clothes models, since none of his original works or derivatives are covered by the Marvelous Designer license.

The above language even places a Marvelous Designer licensee at risk of violating the license if they distribute or sell the works and derivatives of another Marvelous Designer licensee.

So I think the downstream user expectations about what they could do with MakeHuman clothes, and what those downstream users could actually do with Marvelous Designer clothes models and outputs, are too different. Posting them on the MakeHuman website would place too many parties at risk of violating the Marvelous Designer license.
rfairhurst
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:29 am

Next

Return to User contributions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest