Issue with teeth

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Issue with teeth

Postby Anstrah » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:34 pm

Hello,

I have an issue with teeth on my character:

As you can see, when the character opens his mouth, some top teeth (on the left and on the right) seem to be out of the mouth, like they was before the lip, instead of behind. I tried every teeth assets I foud but there is always the same issue. However, when the character closes his mouth, the teeth are behind the lip, everthing is ok:

Could you help me to fix it, please?

Thank you in advance!
Anstrah

Re: Issue with teeth

Postby Ricardo2020 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:14 pm

This is the result of the mouth being narrower than the teeth. It is a common problem with an easy fix.

Under Modelling/Main, the three race sliders will affect face shape and feature. You might need to tweak them a bit to get a mouth that has the right shape for the teeth.

There are sliders under Modelling/Face that shape the mouth. On the right, select mouth size and tweak the horizontal fader to get the mouth to be wider. You might also want to look at the mouth feature sliders to make sure the lips are following the teeth when expressions change.

It takes some trial and error but one can usually arrive at a face/mouth shape that plays nice with the teeth.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes, please...
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Re: Issue with teeth

Postby Anstrah » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:49 am

Thank you very much, I will try. But I wonder, isn't there a risk it modifies the face? I mean, when the charater closes it's mouth, he has exactly the face I want, so I am hesitating to modify it... Is there a way to fix the teeth issue without there is any visible change when he closes his mouth?

Edit:
I tried to modify the three races but it didn't fix the problem. I also tried to modify the horizontal size of the mouth, but I needed to use the maximal value to make something that seems to match, but I obtain a mouth very wide, to much for what I wanted for my character... Isn't there anothere solution, please?

Thank you in advance for your reply!
Anstrah

Return to User contributions