makehuman.js

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: makehuman.js

Postby markandre13 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:59 am

tomcat wrote:
markandre13 wrote:one can change the age modifier on a posed character and still get a smooth animation.

But I need the characters to grow up in the game itself. That is, it turns out I need to cram MakeHuman into Godot. Not a trivial task, IMO.
only the mesh and skeleton which makehuman generates need to be cramed into godot. the makehuman core functionality, taking a skeleton, base and proxy meshes and morph them can be kept separate.
markandre13

Re: makehuman.js

Postby tomcat » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:28 pm

markandre13 wrote:skeleton which makehuman generates need to be cramed into godot.

Therein lies the most difficult part of the task.
the makehuman core functionality, taking a skeleton, base and proxy meshes and morph them can be kept separate.

But all of this needs to be stored in the engine itself.

I'll tell you what I don't like about MH. Here the skeleton is built by sculpt (body shape). It's an artistic approach. I have a construction mindset. It makes more sense to build the skeleton first, and then "attach" the flesh to it. This will give the opportunity to create more real models and forms, and to use such a program in more diverse situations. There have been reports that MH has been tried to be used for usability testing and workplace optimization — which it is designed poorly for — it is purely an artistic tool. Unfortunately, I'm not skilled enough to do such a project, so I'll be looking for workarounds.
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Previous

Return to User contributions