Can I use the belender hair tool add-on to create hair asset

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Can I use the belender hair tool add-on to create hair asset

Postby Anstrah » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:41 am

Hello!

I would like to know if it's possible ti use the belender hair tool add-on (https://bartoszstyperek.gumroad.com/l/hairtool) to create hair assets. If it's possible, do you think it is worth to use it, or this add-on isn't really useful to create hair assets?

Thank you in advance for your answer!
Anstrah

Re: Can I use the belender hair tool add-on to create hair a

Postby Elvaerwyn » Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:36 am

Greetings,

Yes this works for making hair assets and yes this addon is something I can actually get behind as I have used it in past myself, most practical if you stick with polygon hair as this addon makes particle hair also quite nicely. Great software creator has good support for Q & A also and many how to videos. The pack even contains some example mesh to get one started. Nice pricepoint too. Good luck with your creations! I cannot wait to see what you do if you feel so inclined

Elv/Lic
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby Anstrah » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:14 am

Thank you very much! :D
By the way, do you know if, when I create a hair asset from one of their example meshes, I may share my asset in the asset gallery of MakeHuman, so as everyone can use it, or I am only allowed to use it for myself?
Anstrah

Postby Elvaerwyn » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:12 pm

Greets again,

Not sure actually how they feel about sharing the basemesh edits? They do have a discord server and respond very soon to questions. I would recommend asking directly!
Sharing in makehuman asset area is easy and your creations would be most likely very welcome to the community here as they love hair assets very much,

:D
Elv/Lic
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby Anstrah » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:10 am

Thank you very much! :D

I asked them, this is their answer :
"it is ok to share the file. But it wold be cool if you changed it at least a bit, before sharing ( so that it is not straight copy- paste)"
Anstrah

Return to User contributions