Can targets be use to control clothes shape?

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Can targets be use to control clothes shape?

Postby Anstrah » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:31 pm

tomcat wrote:
Anstrah wrote:I wonder, since hair assets are meshes, what about the animation of them?

This is, indeed, one of the most interesting questions. I haven't gotten into it too closely yet. So I can only answer in general terms. The hair can be a grid, or it can be particles. If it's a grid, it can be animated with a rig. It will have to be added to the hair. There were more posts on this topic, but I have not found them now. It is possible to implement animation through a shader like tree leaves (I'll advertise myself a little :mrgreen: ). There is no universal tool and the choice of implementation depends on the task and skill.

Thank you very much! :D When you say hair can be particles, do you mean only on blender or also in makehuman? I thought hair assets on makehuman must be a mesh, they couldn't be blender's particles... Have I misundertood?
Anstrah

Postby tomcat » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:47 pm

Anstrah wrote:When you say hair can be particles, do you mean only on blender or also in makehuman?

I was referring to 3D content creation software and game engines. The hair in MakeHuman can't be particles… except in a very distant bright future…
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Postby Anstrah » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:33 pm

Ok, I understand. Thank you very much!
Anstrah

Previous

Return to User contributions