Import models into MH for reference?

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

good!

Postby Huoliuhi » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:01 pm

bump the thread up.
hi
Huoliuhi

Re: Import models into MH for reference?

Postby Manuel » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Lumin8 wrote:
Manuel wrote:

Actually MH can't import other models, but we are working on this feature too.
About lacks of targets, we need to find some serious artists to help the project.

If I understand completely what you're saying about object import... would there also be another way to create the targets without using blender? I understand somewhat how it works, but why should the targets be only tied down to blender format?? or are they?? I guess... would it work if I, say, did the morphing (no subdivision added, of course) in zbrush and brought it into blender and somehow exported the geo info into MH? would certainly have to be part by part I realize. If it's at all possible (I'm not sure why it wouldn't be... at least in theory.) I'd actually be interested in helping with all sorts of morphs. I haven't downloaded the latest version yet, but will as soon as I get to where my broadband connect is at another station.

Interesting...the malicius bot has bumped the thread, and I've realized that I've missed it.
The base model (base.obj on incoming version, in wavefront obj file format) is available in our SVN:

http://makehuman.svn.sourceforge.net/vi ... j?view=log

Import it in your preferred modellation software (pay attention the importer don't alter the verts order) and modify it it without add or delete verts (just move them), then export it in wavefront obj format (again, the order of vert must be preserved).
That's all.
I'll convert the obj in target.
Manuel

Previous

Return to User contributions