locking rigging during pose

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

locking rigging during pose

Postby MaherGBR » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:47 pm

OK, I know this is probably off on a tangent, but...

Makehuman is really great for creating realistic human bodies, but this can be easily defiled by posing, whereby skeletons can be rotated into impossible angles.

How could we take makehuman to the next level by creating human-real limits on the skeleton to limit the poses to realistic poses?

This is very much an open question on the theory of how to achieve it!

Mat
MaherGBR

Re: locking rigging during pose

Postby duststorm » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:54 pm

By creating rig controllers with rotation constraints.
It's not that easy though, as for some humans the freedom of movement is extreme.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby MaherGBR » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:28 pm

I agree there will always be exceptions to every rule: but doesn't this already apply for makehuman as it stands - eg serious old age / wrinkles / etc?

In terms of adding rigging constraints: is this something which could be applied in makehuman, or would it need changes to the way the posing application (eg blender) works as well?
MaherGBR

Postby duststorm » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:34 am

MaherGBR wrote:In terms of adding rigging constraints: is this something which could be applied in makehuman, or would it need changes to the way the posing application (eg blender) works as well?

As far as I know, this is specific to the target tool, as there is no standardization on this.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Return to User contributions