clothes missing

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

clothes missing

Postby hci-vr-unity » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:57 pm

Hello !

Since I downloaded assets from the community tab, I can't add any clothes anymore.
Usually I can choose different clothes in Geometries > Clothes. But now the clothes list is empty (even default clothes are gone).
Other assets like hair work fine and are displayed in the list at Geometries > Hair.
My folder makehuman/v1py3/data/clothes contains a bunch of downloaded clothes but non show up in makehuman.
How does the makehuman Geometries > Clothes tab load assets from the files ? How can I fix this ?

Thamk you !
hci-vr-unity

Re: clothes missing

Postby punkduck » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:01 pm

Hi

I am pretty sure that it is a bug we already fixed, but did not roll out that new (already 3 year old) version. One asset contains a letter (entered in Blender as a "tag") which is not ignored.
(we really should do a new version. we fixed a lot of other errors in between)

This was the error, I fixed
https://github.com/makehumancommunity/m ... e50f24d2aa

Last message here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20000

If there was no other file ... then there must be a file called Jacket01.mhclo. Take a text-editor (it is ASCII) replace that é with a normal e (not far away from top ... tags) .
I am not sure, but best to delete the mhpxy file with the same name then (it is a binary representation of that mhclo and loads faster.) ... I hope it works.

The real reason is: the system looks into cache/clothes_filecache.mhc in v1py3 folder. But the process creating this cache just fails .. so the cache-file is shorter, depending on when the process crashed. Afaik the cache is re-generated when an asset is changed, so maybe only throwing out that one letter will fix it without installing a new version (which is only available on github).

I will certainly do that different, I work on the new version. There is too much "information hiding" in old version and the reverse-engineering is all but not easy. If I really need to use sth as a filecache there will be a sqlite database, but it will always be possible to recreate that complete from scratch and errors should not disappear somewhere. To keep the file-system in sync with an own representation in some kind of cache could always create problems :roll:

Greets,
Punkduck
punkduck

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests