Extremely slow pose mode with MakeHuman

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Extremely slow pose mode with MakeHuman

Postby munch » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:44 am

Hello,I started working a bit more in Blender recently, I wanted to try making something with actual humans, so I figured MakeHuman would be a good option for creating the base mesh.

I exported the mesh using MHX2 with the default rig (I tried the default Blender plug-in, and other rigs too, no difference though) and successfuly imported it into blender. I entered Pose Mode and tried making some changes, but as soon as I tried choosing a bone to move I noticed a slight delay, which is already a bad sign. When I try to rotate the bone it starts to lag horribly, which makes making any precise adjustments impossible and is overally almost completely unusable. Only thing in my workspace is my character model. I tried disabling subsurface modifier, no changes.

One thing to note, I'm currently stuck with an ancient ATI HD5770 which is completely unsupported (I can't even run the newest Blender version) so Blender runs completely on my Ryzen 3600. Could that be the problem? I understand that complex meshes take a while to calculate, but if this performance is normal, that makes MakeHuman pretty much unusable for Blender...
munch

Re: Extremely slow pose mode with MakeHuman

Postby punkduck » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:13 pm

Sorry

I am around very seldom, because I work at the new version. Had a similar case in the beginning, long time ago.

Did you export with "smooth" switched on? Simply check number of vertices. Just for information: a "naked" base mesh has 13380 vertices. Some clothes have a lot more (switch them off while posing maybe?)
The smoothing should be done only when object is created.

And although it does not look as good, best mode to do posing in blender is that kind of "black-and-white" mode.

Greets, punkduck
punkduck

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests