Launching Application

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Launching Application

Postby Doruaraebe » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:34 pm

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone can help me here. I have been using this amazing software for a couple years now, very very good, however recently I have been sorting things out on my computer, reorganising things and making it more accessible for all my uses. One of the things I tidied was my desktop, as you do, and I deleted al the number of file and application shortcuts I had there and re-put on the ones I actually needed/used frequently.
Now here is my problem, I could never get a shortcut for MakeHuman and I realised that the actual launch app. file had been deleted because it was on my desktop, not as a shortcut like all my other applications. I don't know if this was my fault or if it was something that happened when it was installed.
I'm wondering if there is a way I can get back that launch file without having to uninstall MakeHuman and redownload it. Because that also means I have to re-install about 2 years worth of changes, custom stuff and scripts that I have on there.

Please help here!
Doru
Doruaraebe

Re: Launching Application

Postby RobBaer » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:52 pm

The answer to this may depend on your OS and how you installed the application. Assuming you are on Windows and installed the application for just you (the default I think) you can put a shortcut on you desktop that points to:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\makehuman-community\Python\pythonw.exe "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\makehuman-community\mhstartwrapper.py"

and I think it will work. If this doesn't work or you have a different situation let us know.
RobBaer

Re: Launching Application

Postby Doruaraebe » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:08 am

I installed it on my hard drive, which is basically always connected to my laptop. The 'mhstartwrapper.py' file is there, but not launchable. I do use windows (10). The other file path you gave me to 'pythonw' is there, and says it's an application, but when clicked upon, doesn't do anything. Nothing opens. If you need any more details, I'm more than happy to provide anything that might help
Doruaraebe

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests