Abnormal Behavior

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Abnormal Behavior

Postby Jamesc359 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:26 pm

I've been using MH on and off for a while now. This isn't the first time I've noticed this odd behavior, but before a restart of MH would clear the issues up. But now nothing seems to help. I've even went so far as to reinstall MH.

The issue; some limbs fail to bend or bend improperly.

Image Image Image
  • The figure's right elbow refuses to bend until it reaches greater than 91°, at which point it bends -91°. Figure's left elbow bends properly.
  • The neck refuses to tilt left, but will tilt right. Neck distorts as if it where tilting.
  • Left leg won't spread outwards, but right will.
  • Ankles will bend upwards, but not downwards. Heels distort as if bending...

Any ideas on what could be causing this? More importantly any ideas on how to fix it? :(

~James
Jamesc359

Re: Abnormal Behavior

Postby Manuel » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:48 am

This is a incredible, strange bug, that, as I know, is happened only on your computer and on the Giovanni Lanza's PC (our contributor). Some months ago Giovanni tell me this strange behavior. We have investigated 2 weeks on it, but no hope to reproduce it on our machines. After trying all, we have abandoned it, because it was very similar to a particular problem of Giovanni's PC.
Now the nightmare return :-)

Anyway it's not a problem this time, because next version will use a totally different algo, rewritten from scratch.

Regards,

Manuel
Manuel

Re: Abnormal Behavior

Postby Jamesc359 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:33 am

Oh good! I'm not going insane then!

*anxiously awaits the recode*
Jamesc359

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests