Alpha 6

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Alpha 6

Postby pistacja » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Just to sum up on the first impressions on the new alpha 6...

1. Radial
In the Macro details there's a box called "Radial" I don't know what it does, but it looks like it has no function at all.

2. Anaglyph
Turning it on make part of the background black. It may be a desired effect but it looks strange.

3. MakeHair
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but whatever setting I set the hair goes straight down, no collisions at all. Clicking delete hair does nothing, but clicking "avoid collision" makes it disappear.

4. Posing
The reset option in Posing->Pose has no effect. When going to a different tab while some part is highlighted, the green highlight stays forever.
Skeleton - you can only move the camera when the cursor is over a bone.

5.Texture
the texture select screen load very long, but the real problem is that you can't scroll! About for rows of AO maps are visible on my screen and a file named "color_temperature.png" that looks like a prerendered font chart (but when I open the file from the disc it's a 1px colour gradient).

6. Export
The collada file generated by MH still has some very strange bones structure (as I wrote in a bug report), to be more precise - a file from a previous version had:
Code: Select all
<IDREF_array count="90" id="Human-skin-joints-array">
            Root RootInv Hips HipsInv Hip_L UpLeg_L LoLeg_L Foot_L Toe_L Hip_R UpLeg_R LoLeg_R Foot_R Toe_R Spine1 Spine2 Spine3 Spine3Inv Neck Head HeadInv Jaw JawInv TongueBase TongueMid TongueTip Eye_R Eye_L UpLid_R LoLid_R UpLid_L LoLid_L Clavicle_L UpArm_L LoArm_L Hand_L Hand_LInv Wrist-1_L Wrist-1_LInv Palm-2_L Finger-2-1_L Finger-2-2_L Finger-2-3_L Palm-3_L Finger-3-1_L Finger-3-2_L Finger-3-3_L Wrist-2_L Wrist-2_LInv Palm-4_L Finger-4-1_L Finger-4-2_L Finger-4-3_L Palm-5_L Finger-5-1_L Finger-5-2_L Finger-5-3_L Palm-1_L Finger-1-1_L Finger-1-2_L Finger-1-3_L Clavicle_R UpArm_R LoArm_R Hand_R Hand_RInv Wrist-1_R Wrist-1_RInv Palm-2_R Finger-2-1_R Finger-2-2_R Finger-2-3_R Palm-3_R Finger-3-1_R Finger-3-2_R Finger-3-3_R Wrist-2_R Wrist-2_RInv Palm-4_R Finger-4-1_R Finger-4-2_R Finger-4-3_R Palm-5_R Finger-5-1_R Finger-5-2_R Finger-5-3_R Palm-1_R Finger-1-1_R Finger-1-2_R Finger-1-3_R
          </IDREF_array>

The current one has:
Code: Select all
<IDREF_array count="82" id="Human-skin-joints-array">
            MasterFloor Root Hips UpLeg_L LoLeg_L Foot_L Toe_L UpLeg_R LoLeg_R Foot_R Toe_R Spine1 Spine2 Spine3 Neck Head Jaw TongueBase TongueMid TongueTip Eye_R Eye_L UpLid_R LoLid_R UpLid_L LoLid_L Clavicle_L UpArm_L LoArm_L Hand_L Wrist-1_L Palm-2_L Finger-2-1_L Finger-2-2_L Finger-2-3_L Palm-3_L Finger-3-1_L Finger-3-2_L Finger-3-3_L Wrist-2_L Palm-4_L Finger-4-1_L Finger-4-2_L Finger-4-3_L Palm-5_L Finger-5-1_L Finger-5-2_L Finger-5-3_L Palm-1_L Finger-1-1_L Finger-1-2_L Finger-1-3_L Clavicle_R UpArm_R LoArm_R Hand_R Wrist-1_R Palm-2_R Finger-2-1_R Finger-2-2_R Finger-2-3_R Palm-3_R Finger-3-1_R Finger-3-2_R Finger-3-3_R Wrist-2_R Palm-4_R Finger-4-1_R Finger-4-2_R Finger-4-3_R Palm-5_R Finger-5-1_R Finger-5-2_R Finger-5-3_R Palm-1_R Finger-1-1_R Finger-1-2_R Finger-1-3_R Wrist_L Wrist_R Ankle_L Ankle_R
          </IDREF_array>

the new one has "Wrist_L Wrist_R Ankle_L Ankle_R" at the end and that is wrong in my opinion.

And there's still a strange texture path (E:\Program Files\Makehuman6\data\textures/texture.tif - I've made a bug report about this one as well).
This post was made thanks to Me, Myself and I.
pistacja

Re: Alpha 6

Postby mflerackers » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:35 pm

1. The radial control is under construction.
2. Anaglyph -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_image, see also the manual.
3. Makehair is under construction.
4. Posing is under heavy construction.
5. Is known and reported.

Nice to sum up almost a years work as a bug list btw.
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Postby jcapco » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Anything under Experiment tab is just.. you know.. experiments. So we dont know if we really want to include it in mh or not. To avoid misunderstanding that most users seems to have: Alpha6 is (like nightly builds) just another name for an unstable-build representing some milestones acheived by that nightly build it is by no means a stable build.

But i like the bugreport on posing I'll check on that :D
jcapco

Postby pistacja » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:30 am

It's a part of the forum called "Bugs and Tech. Problems" so I wrote only about Bugs and Technical Problems. And I did have a (false) impression that the Alpha 6 release is in fact something more then a nightly build and I did kind of expect that the features in A6 will be working features.

If all you devs felt that I'm just nagging, then I'm sorry, didn't want to sound like that. You're all doing a great job (but there are still thing to fix and finish)
This post was made thanks to Me, Myself and I.
pistacja

Postby Manuel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:10 am

pistacja wrote:It's a part of the forum called "Bugs and Tech. Problems" so I wrote only about Bugs and Technical Problems. And I did have a (false) impression that the Alpha 6 release is in fact something more then a nightly build and I did kind of expect that the features in A6 will be working features.

If all you devs felt that I'm just nagging, then I'm sorry, didn't want to sound like that. You're all doing a great job (but there are still thing to fix and finish)

:-)
About hairs:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1707

Best,

Manuel
Manuel

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests