Game mechanics books or study materials

For discussions related to game development, and to game development software such as Unity, Unreal Engine, Godot and so on.

Game mechanics books or study materials

Postby unita » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:10 am

Hi i was in an another profession and I am taking a break and planning on a career shift. I want to get into indie game development and looking to learn about game development.
I am taking some courses and reading some books on the basics of it all. Can anyone suggest me a good video game mechanics/physics book or other study materials. Also not too heavy on math ( i understand it can seem counter intuitive for a game mechanics book to be less on math), but i just as of now want to have a basic surface level understanding before getting too deep into it.
unita

Re: Game mechanics books or study materials

Postby tomcat » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:42 pm

unita wrote:Can anyone suggest me a good video game mechanics/physics book or other study materials.

You can start with simple practical documentation for the game engine, which has a lot of tutorial material.

Also not too heavy on math

We have very good high school (grades 9-11) textbooks for specialized math schools. But I don't know how it is for you.
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Return to Game development