Making ashes in blender.

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Making ashes in blender.

Postby chigo » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:29 am

Before I got into it I thought of two problems.

I can't find any good tutorial of making it (not sure if sand works but I think asking it here will be easier)

Does it require a lot of vertices? I don't want my toaster laptop explode halfway through.
chigo

Re: Making ashes in blender.

Postby Worker11811 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:23 pm

What do you intend to do with these ashes?

If it's something that needs other objects or characters to interact with, you would do it differently than if it was just a static object.

Let's say that you have a lit cigarette and you want the ashes to fall off the end and spread out on the ground. You'd have to model and animate that, probably, as a particle system or something similar. But, if you only had a pile of ashes, left over from a fire, you could just model them as a solid object with appropriate texture(s).

If the ashes are supposed to appear on a character or object as if it fell into a pile of ashes, you could just treat it like dirt. Just use a texture on the target object that simulates a patch of dirt. You could just use a UV-mapped image texture/material and just turn it on and off as desired.

There are many ways to attack this problem and we need more information before we can advise on the best solution for your situation.
Worker11811

Re: Making ashes in blender.

Postby chigo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:30 am

chigo wrote:Before I got into it I thought of two problems.

I can't find any good tutorial of making it (not sure if sand works but I think asking it here will be easier)
VidMate
Does it require a lot of vertices? I don't want my toaster laptop explode halfway through.

I got this,..
chigo

Return to Blender and MPFB