Hanldes on a Cannon driving me Nuts - Captainz to the rescue

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Hanldes on a Cannon driving me Nuts - Captainz to the rescue

Postby calla » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:48 pm

I'm currently at a loss on how to solve this problem in Blender (4.0). Sure, I've managed to model it all manually, which is very time-consuming, pushing pixels by hand. However, it's not uniform, and it unnecessarily complicates the geometry. My to go option would be to set the 3D cursor at the center between the two extruded circles and then place a duplicated circle centered at the 3Dcursor and adjust the rotation. Then bridge the edges in the center with the centered circle and bevel adequately. I just can't seem to figure it out no matter how hard I try. Have I overlooked something, or is it not possible in Blender to set the normal-face orientation as the global origin (Origing to geometry)? So that i can rotate the circle in the center by 90deg on the y axis... Internet is silent and Youtube does not have cannons with lifting handles ....
calla

Re: Hanldes on a Cannon driving me Nuts - Captainz to the re

Postby nearpad » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:47 am

Set the 3D cursor at the center between the two circles. You can do this by selecting "Snap" from the header menu, choosing "Cursor to Selected," and then selecting "Median" as the pivot point.

Duplicate one of the circles by pressing Shift+D. Move it away from the original circles.

With the duplicated circle selected, rotate it 90 degrees on the Y-axis. You can do this by pressing Rgeometry dash lite, then Y, and typing "90" or dragging the mouse until it reaches the desired angle.

Snap the duplicated circle back to the 3D cursor. Select "Snap" from the header menu, choose "Selection to Cursor," and ensure that "Active" is selected as the pivot point.

Bridge the edges in the center by selecting both circles and pressing Ctrl+E, then choosing "Bridge Edge Loops" from the menu.
nearpad

Return to Blender and MPFB