In praise of MPFB2 and Blender

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

In praise of MPFB2 and Blender

Postby 2Rock » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:47 pm

I have been using Blender as a hobbyist for several years and started using MPFB2 and Makehuman a few months ago. The combination of MPFB2 and Blender has such enormous potential but few seem to go beyond using them to create a generic human with very little change to the basic shape. I thought I would have a go at showing what could be done if you tweek the dials, sculpt some normals, overlay makeup on the skinshader and knock up some clothes. I chose Cruella as a suitable character to recreate. I limited myself to a day. Perhaps people could think of other characters I should have a go at or, even better, post examples yourselves.
Attachments
CruellaTwo.jpg
CruellaOne.jpg
2Rock

Re: In praise of MPFB2 and Blender

Postby joepal » Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:45 am

That's nice.

Out of curiosity, how was the eye makeup added? Was that an existing skin or did you paint that separately?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby green_tomato » Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:02 pm

Great stuff!
Well done.
green_tomato

Postby 2Rock » Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:10 pm

Thank you for the comments. The make up was done as an overlay on the original skin using a mix colour shader. The original Cruella poster has her skin as off white so let a little of the original skin colour show through. Any suggestions as to who I should have a go at next?
2Rock

Return to Gallery