Bento fingers and Opensim

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

Bento fingers and Opensim

Postby yamsar » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:47 am

I'm a fairly new user of MakeHuman, but loving it so far and very excited to see the Bento skeleton!

I've tried various methods from here and elsewhere to import the result into Opensim (via Blender, with and without Avastar) and whilst the avatar looks fine at first, in every case, when I used a bento animation that animates the fingers, they end up knotted together. I know the bento animations being used in-world are fine, as they work on other bento avatars. I know that it's not an Opensim issue, as creating a simple "extended skeleton" avatar in Avastar and uploading to Opensim works fine. So I'm starting to suspect it's something about Makehuman and/or the Bento skeleton. The odd thing is that when imported into Blender, the fingers animate just fine - it's only once uploaded to Opensim that they get broken.

I'm using MakeHuman Community 1.2.0 alpha 2 and Blender 2.79

I'm wondering whether anyone else has seen this issue, or conversely has successfully used bento hand animations in Opensim/SL on an avatar created in MakeHuman with the bento skeleton.

Any advice, experience, suggestions or opinions gladly received.
yamsar

Return to Community discussions