Genitals and sliders

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Genitals and sliders

Postby AlexFisher » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:30 pm

Hi new here,

I'm kind of muddling my way through trying to create characters. I have figured out the asset downloader. I can't for the life of me figure out how genitals and the slider works. Every forum post just says "enable genitals in geometries" or topologies then the sliders should work. There is no option to enable anything in geometries or topologies. I have downloaded various genitalia in clothing and toplogies and selecting any of them in any combination on the model does not enable the sliders. Can anyone offer a step by step process on how this works as I cant find anything anywhere ? Please explain it as if it's my first time using the software as it basically is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!
AlexFisher

Re: Genitals and sliders

Postby jwc » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:40 am

You don't mention whether you are using the MakeHuman standalone program or the MPFB2 Blender plugin.
The procedure is slightly different for each.
In both cases, the genital slider works only on a male proxy/topology with genitals.
The clothing and skins are not important, as long as the clothing does not mask the crotch.

MPFB2:
Create a new character (or import from MakeHuman)
Add a rig
Add a topology asset (Male with genitals)
Under Model, select phenotype, then genitals
This produces three values for length, circumference, and testicle length
You set these to the desired value, and then hit the "Refit assets to basemesh" for implement the new values

MakeHuman:
Select basic character settings, male, ...
Under the Geometries tab, select a topology (again: a Male proxy with genitals)
Under the Modelling / Gender tab, select Genitals and then move the sliders to adjust the values
With MakeHuman, the results are immediately displayed

Hopefully this helps you.
jwc

Postby AlexFisher » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:17 pm

Thanks for your reply !

I am looking on MPFB 2 for this stage "Add a topology asset (Male with genitals)" there is no option for this. I go to apply asset tab and it says "no matching assets. Maybe change filter?" What filter? I try manually loading a file in the Load MHCLO but there is no option for topologies. I try to load a Proxy mesh but when i go into my proxy mesh in my save folder blender thinks its empty...

Also having an issue importing a character from make human.
I create the character that I want with skeleton topologies hair and pose. I go to Blender MPFB the importer doesn't work says something about a python error? will only load in the character with the pose and nothing else ( no skin no hair nothing)
When I try to open a character from pre-sets "Import MHM file" the character loads but is missing the pose and topologies that I have added... I really don't understand where I'm going wrong here.
AlexFisher

Postby jwc » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:05 am

Here are the detailed steps for MPFB2:
Create character from scratch by clicking the "create human" button:
create_from_scratch.png
Create a human from scratch

Add a rig by clicking one of the "add [*] rig" button:
add_rig.png
add a rig

This is the step you were having problems with:
Add a topology by clicking the "load" button:
Note that the topologies are 'unfiltered', so a long list might have to be scanned to find the desired asset.
If no topologies appear when your blender MPFB2 tab looks like this, it is possible the standard libraries were not correctly loaded into MPFB2.
apply_assets_unfiltered.png
Unfiltered apply assets

To make finding a specific asset easier, a filter can be applied, reducing the number of options shown:
apply_assets_filtered.png
Filtered apply assets

The issue with filtering is, when you switch to a new asset type, say clothing or hair, the filter remains.
It is confusing until you realize there are no hair assets with the title "adult male"
Removing the text from the filter title box restores (i.e. removes the filter from) the full asset list.

For the rest of your questions:

I'm not sure what python error you are seeing when trying the import from MakeHuman.
If you can post more of the error message, one of the experts should be able to help.

The pre-set characters you mention are just that: set up with specific characteristics.
Once you get running, you can create your own pre-sets for quick creation of a new character.
jwc

Return to Tutorials