mhx2 makes eyes dull, skin shiny, etc.

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

mhx2 makes eyes dull, skin shiny, etc.

Postby blindsaypatten » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:37 pm

I can't find any contact information for Thomas Larsson so I will post this here in hopes it helps someone.

The mhx2 import code assigns all materials a roughness of 0.2, this is too high for glossy things like eyes, and too low for things like skin. There is a quick and easy fix for this, if you have mhx2 installed in blender, in your blender installation, (e.g. C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\import_runtime_mhx2, you will have a materials.py file with this line:
glossy.inputs["Roughness"].default_value = 0.2
You can change it to this:
glossy.inputs["Roughness"].default_value = 1.0 - mhMat["shininess"]
and from then on models you import will have glossy eyes and not have glossy skin, etc.
blindsaypatten

Re: mhx2 makes eyes dull, skin shiny, etc.

Postby jujube » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:04 am

Hm, nice find. I should try using this. I feel it should be able to be incoporated into the repo.. or at least I thought there was a github/bitbucket repo for MHX2.. too lazy to check right now.
jujube

Postby joepal » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:30 am

Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby blindsaypatten » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:49 pm

joepal wrote:The MHX2 issue tracker is here: https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/mhx ... tatus=open

Thanks, I have submitted an issue.
blindsaypatten

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman