Problems with bvh file

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Problems with bvh file

Postby Calimero31180 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:32 pm

Hello everybody, hope there is somebody who can help me with my Problem.

I have installed Makehuman 1.1 and I have some self generated bvh files. When I create a figure with MH that has Little more weight (see pic), and Export it with mhx2 I get a Problem with breast Deformation as soon as I load / retarget the bvh file with makewalk in blender

Maybe the Problem is the weight painting, but as you can see in the pics, it is a difference if the shoulder Comes down manually or with a bvh-move. Manually the breat is not much influenced by the shoulder, but with the bvh movement the arm squeezes the shoulder, although it does not even touch it.

Any idea? I also get a error-warning, (see pic) that I must apply transformation, but I think I already did that. Strg + A and then apply "visual transform"

Hope somebody has an idea
Attachments
model settings.PNG
bvh moved.PNG
manually moved.PNG
apply.PNG
apply.PNG (7.03 KiB) Viewed 5221 times
Calimero31180

Re: Problems with bvh file

Postby duststorm » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:13 am

Yes, that does look like a problem with the weight painting.
Which rig are you using? Perhaps you could try the MakeHuman default rigging. As you can test out in MH, it does a very good job making realistic deformations.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby joepal » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:47 am

duststorm wrote:Yes, that does look like a problem with the weight painting.
Which rig are you using? Perhaps you could try the MakeHuman default rigging. As you can test out in MH, it does a very good job making realistic deformations.

I tested this in another thread, with roughly these settings and the default rig. There seems to be some kind of interaction around the shoulders for this specific body type that I haven't seen with other settings for weight and muscle. Parts of the arm pit deforms by sliding into the body and forwards when moving the arm down and forward. Looks very strange.

Was kind of surprising since I've used that pose with quite a lot of toons before without encountering the problem. But those toons were usually lean/muscular.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby duststorm » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:16 am

Do these deformations also show up when selecting a pose within MH?
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman