mhx2 Import for Blender 2.8 Beta Not working

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

mhx2 Import for Blender 2.8 Beta Not working

Postby wedra » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:38 am

Hi All, I've been trying to get the MakeHuman import_ runtime_MHX2 addon working with Blender 2.8 Beta, however, it will not appear under the "import" drop down in Blender.

I downloaded the latest version of the addon (which it looks like a developer already updated for 2.8 as I see the correct version within the _init_.py "blender": (2, 80, 0).

The addon appears correctly in preferences > Addons, and when I check it off and save changes it checks off successfully. But when I go to File > Import, the import MHX2 option is not there. It's just blank even though the addon appears to be installed.

I'm stuck as to what to do next. I did find some threads with a video showing how to "adapt addons" to 2.8, but they did not help in this case.

Can anyone help with this? Has anyone had any luck getting the MHX2 import addon working with Blender 2.8 Beta?

Thank you
wedra

Re: mhx2 Import for Blender 2.8 Beta Not working

Postby nomorecookies » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:05 pm

I am not sure why it is not working for you. I use Blender 4.0 currently, and it works fine. it also worked fine for me with the 3.x Blenders. Did you get the one from the download page?
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/content/plugins.html
nomorecookies

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman