These notes are under construction and may be incomplete
"MakeHuman Community 1.2.0" is a major update of the underlying code, where the focus has been to replace outdated dependencies and modernize the system. Further, a shift in focus has been made to position MakeHuman as a shared tool serving the larger community through integrated access to third party assets and extended functionality.
The following are the changes since version 1.1.1.
- The codebase has received a major overhaul to make bring it up to date with modern versions of Python and Qt
- Third party assets can be downloaded from within MakeHuman with a simple point and click procedure
- There is a completely new Blender integration (socket transfer)
- Improved internationalization support for non-ASCII characters (backported?)
- ... (Aranuvir: can you add a list of the new features you've written?)
- Improved tag sorting capabilities
- MHX2 is bundled in the default installation
- FBX skeleton will still misbehave
- There are still graphics card incompatibilities in the OpenGL code
To be written
The upgraded codebase
Information about the upgrade and the new base requirements...
This version of MakeHuman bundles the asset downloader plugin. By using this you can access all the hundreds of user contributed assets that are available via the MakeHuman Community.
Within the UI you can search for assets, show screenshots, read about details and download. Downloaded assets are automatically placed in your local asset directory so that you can immediately go to the geometries tabs and, for example, equip the newly downloaded clothes.
New blender integration
To be written
MHX2, maybe more bundled materials...