These are the [preliminary] release notes for version 1.1.1, which [will probably be] released in February 2017.
This release is primarily a bug fix release where the major effort has been spent on addressing the unicode issues which made MakeHuman crash when using certain non-ASCII characters in filenames or usernames (in certain locales) on Windows platforms.
- It should now be possible to mix encodings (from recognized and valid codepages, see known issues below) on windows 7/8/10, for example when having a unicode file system, but a cp850-encoded filename. This will solve crashes when the user name or the installation path contains latin1 characters such as åäöüñé.
- The UI will no longer crash when using translations.
- The release provides more consist management of undo and restore defaults
- Fix for glitches in the male formal suit (thanks to CallHarvey3d)
- Fix for glitches in the male worksuit (thanks to marco_105)
In general, it should be possible to replace the 1.1.0 release with the 1.1.1 release without any noticeable downside. If you use the male worksuit, please note that it has had its UV layout redone from scratch (so third part textures relying on the old UV layout will no longer work).
While we believe we have now got a grip on all normal cases where non-ASCII characters are used in file names, it is still possible to break MakeHuman by copy/pasting characters from another codepage than the one windows is installed with. For example: if you have an US-english windows version and unzip MH in a folder named ру́сскийязы́к, chances are MH won't even start.
However, any file name that you are able to write on the keyboard (as opposed from copying from the web) should now work.
Inside MakeHuman the use of unicode characters is more permissive. It is possible to save MakeHuman models in folders and with filenames containing characters that are not in the primary codepage. However, in case of doubt, we would recommend using only ASCII-characters, respectively characters from your active code page, for filenames. If you plan to save files with users from another locale, it is prudent to stick with ASCII names whenever possible.
- Bug #78: "Restore Default" button in settings
- Bug #195: "Undo" does not actually undo many commands
- Bug #354: Add package_name + date in window title
- Bug #662: New malesuit01 needs minor UV touch-up
- Bug #718: Alternative distribution for windows
- Bug #764: SVG not supported on windows (but doesn't crash)
- Bug #771: Consistent handling of binary/ascii export choice
- Bug #831: Worksuit texture touch-up
- Bug #945: increasing eye bag slider breaks armature
- Bug #954: Possible problem in default rig weights
- Bug #981: Makeclothes doesn't like eyes
- Bug #983: Modeling Face Mouth features slider images
- Bug #1004: RC and recent HG builds - file loader does not populate
- Bug #1027: MH 1.1.0 - Windows 10 PreRelease Build - File list Exceptions
- Bug #1028: MH 1.1.x - clean up / document status of genitals
- Bug #1029: Unicode in MH path still causing trouble
- Bug #1034: Malassigned / malformed vertices in the armpit
- Bug #1037: Using any translation crashes parts of the GUI
- Bug #1043: Possible issue in module3d
- Bug #1051: Assymetric foot vertex groups
- Bug #1053: Help About
- Bug #1054: Ubuntu 16.04 and mesa drivers
- Bug #1057: ppa produced overwrite errors
- Bug #1066: material_editor unicode warning MH 1.1.0 release
- Bug #1070: Sort filters dysfunctional - MH 1.1.0
- Bug #1073: Error loading a bvh pose created in Blender
- Bug #1076: MacOS Sierra - MakeHuman 1.1.0 data directory not loading
- Bug #1083: _cat_data["bodyproportion"] or _cat_data["bodyproportions"]?
- Feature #1093: Easy way to copy version number to clipboard for bug reporting