FAQ:Where are my MakeHuman files found (where is my HOME directory)?
The Home folder location depends on where your operating system (Windows, Linux Osx, etc..) stores documents, pictures, files, settings, preference, videos, and music by default. Here is the basic guide:
- Microsoft Windows NT: <root>\WINNT\Profiles\<username>
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP and 2003: <root>\Documents and Settings\<username>
- Microsoft Windows Vista, 7 and 8: <root>\Users\<username>
- Linux: <root>/home/<username>
- Mac OSX: /Users/<username>
Within the Home directory you should find a folder called makehuman. Starting with MakeHuman Alpha 8, the makehuman folder contains version specific subfolders for major releases.
MakeHuman 1.0.X automatically stores data into the [HOME]/makehuman/v1/, using the following scheme:
- linux: /home/USERNAME/makehuman/v1
- OSX: /Users/USERNAME/Documents/makehuman/v1
- win32: ROOT_LETTER:\Documents and settings\USERNAME\My Documents\makehuman\v1
The [HOME]/makehuman/v1 folder will, in turn, have a series of subfolders separating your personal MakeHuman files like saved models, saved exports, data (e.g., custom clothes, materials, and geometries), backgrounds, renders, screen grabs, etc.
- On Windows systems, "My Documents" is subject to internationalization.
- On recent Windows versions you can also use: ROOT_LETTER:/Users/USERNAME/Documents.
- ROOT_LETTER is often C:, but not necessarily.