FAQ:MakeHuman fails to start in windows, nothing seems to happen when I click the exe
Under the following conditions:
- You are using any version of windows
- You have downloaded a zip file containing the release build 1.0.2 or earlier (ie, not a nightly build).
- You have previously installed python
- Other factors as yet unidentified (by seemingly more rare going forward)
... MakeHuman will crash before anything appears on screen. The reason is that there is a bundled python inside the build zips, but unfortunately a system-wide installation can, under certain circumstances, get detected first. This makes python look in the wrong place for DLLs etc, which causes the exe for the build to silently crash.
There are several alternative work-arounds proposed for this. However, the simplest solution is the first one.
- Use the nightly build instead. The problem is fixed since a while back in this.
- Temporarily rename your python directory to something other than its directory path in your path statement.
- Uninstall the existing python from the machine (fairly extreme).
- Run source checkouts from bitbucket instead. In this case you must have python installed on the machine.