Alpha 1 sneak preview

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Alpha 1 sneak preview

Postby Aranuvir » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:47 pm

I am sorry to be the harbinger of bad news

No problem! Honestly it was expectable. We just hoped...
Joepal wrote:[...]eventhough some crappy intel graphics chips might still fail.

Though I might risk to produce greater annoyance, but I can only reiterate that MH was and is running quite well on my Intel Atom as on my Core i7 4800MQ, in contrast to my dGPU from AMD.

[...]so I probably won't be online again until tomorrow.

Some other remarks on the forum indicate that this could be a general problem to transatlantic overseas in those days, but anyway...

Happy Thanksgiving! :D
Aranuvir

Postby joepal » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:41 pm

@MargaretToigo: Just to be clear... MH version 1.1.1 works on the same computer that 1.2.0 fails on?

That's going to annoy me all night. I didn't think we had broken additional stuff in the GL code :-)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby MargaretToigo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:23 pm

joepal wrote:@MargaretToigo: Just to be clear... MH version 1.1.1 works on the same computer that 1.2.0 fails on?

That's going to annoy me all night. I didn't think we had broken additional stuff in the GL code :-)

Yes, 1.1.1 works very well on my Windows 10 box. I can import MHX2 files right over the network and everything.

Okay, back to the kitchen -- I just didn't want to leave you all wondering, like I know I would be.
MargaretToigo

Postby RobBaer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:18 pm

MargaretToigo wrote:Okay, back to the kitchen -- I just didn't want to leave you all wondering, like I know I would be.

Me too and a Happy Thanksgiving :) ! Thanks for the update.
RobBaer

Postby Aranuvir » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:23 am

That's going to annoy me all night. I didn't think we had broken additional stuff in the GL code

In my opinion there have been fundamental changes. The underlying framework, by name Qt, has changed. IIRC, Qt5 and subsequently Pyside2 have removed their support for legacy GL and it is not said, that PyQt5 is doing its best on that field. Further more, I'm not sure if there was a version change with pyopengl. But even if the version is equal, there could be fundamental changes in behavior since Python3 most likely uses different modules than Python2 would do.
Aranuvir

Previous

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)