Possible bug

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Possible bug

Postby deathwyrm » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:32 pm

Hey there, first time posting. To begin I want to say that this program is awesome sauces and is far better than what I could do on my own, I hope you keep up the great work. On that note, I do have a feature request or 3.

I also do playing around with the Unreal Engine, and was ecstatic to find out that the nightly build had a UE4 rig that works perfectly with retargetting animations that come with UE4, however I like to tweak and make animations myself, and would really like to be able to use the UE4 rig and model in blender. Exporting to binary FBX to load in Blender doesn't work the way I feel it should (the model is very large and spikey, I could take a pic if you need reference but suffice to say, it's not usable). I've managed to get around this by exporting the model out as a .dae file to load into Blender, however on exporting it out of blender once I've made any changes I wish to make into an FBX format, the animation retargetting in UE4 doesn't working properly the way is does with a straight FBX export from the makehuman program.

Hope this helps gets things fixed.

Also, is there any chance of their being IK support for the UE4 rig without having to do all the MHX2 exporting and importing with an MHX rig? That would also be awesome, but I get that it's a free program and you guys probably have lots of stuff to do.

Thank you and keep up the great work.
deathwyrm

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests