CMU Mocap + nightly builds

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

CMU Mocap + nightly builds

Postby Lemon » Fri May 08, 2015 9:38 pm

A silly question I guess but since there's no mhx export in the recent nightly builds and MakeWalk only works correctly with mhx models what is the easiest way to apply a .bhv (from CMU archive) to a MH model (saved as .dae or .obj) in Blender. I checked the CMU skeleton when creating a model but what do I do next if the MakeWalk addon doesn't apply an animation to it. Thank you.
Lemon

Re: CMU Mocap + nightly builds

Postby wolgade » Sat May 09, 2015 10:10 am

MHX is deprecated, but MHX2 exists as an additional plugin.
wolgade

Postby Lemon » Sat May 09, 2015 12:46 pm

Thanks for pointing out the plugin, wolgade. Felt a bit confused after missing a number of critical updates but It's all clear now.
Lemon

Postby AjayT » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi,

I'm using the Python version of MH which I downloaded from

https://bitbucket.org/MakeHuman/makehuman/overview

I can't find the 'CMU skeleton' option mentioned above. Can anyone tell me where it's located please?

Thanks alot :) .

PS - For some reason I can't install the debian version? That's the reason why I'm using the above build
AjayT

Postby AjayT » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:55 pm

So I just saw an earlier post in the Unofficial plugins (mhx2, etc..) subforum, by Joepal

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11950&p=29177&hilit=installation#p29177

The development (1.1.x) MakeHuman version does not have an IK rig. However, if install MHX2 alongside it you can apply the "mhx" rig on import, which gives you an IK toggle.

See the section on MHX here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CCHGX-6Mtk (you'll have to skip ahead a bit if you're not interested in the installation stuff)

That seems to have solved my problem, simply applying the "mhx" rig on import, and then loading and re-targeting a bvh file with MakeWalk seems to be working great now.

Thanks for this wonderful software ;) , hopefully I'll be able to contribute something to the development soon :geek:
AjayT

Return to Newbies