wanna share hairs and cloths ?

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: wanna share hairs and cloths ?

Postby johnny2k » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:54 am

joepal wrote:
johnny2k wrote:I just created a BitBucket repository to use for sharing clothing. Right now it only contains the default clothing but I'll be adding what I make starting tonight.

https://bitbucket.org/mh_clothing/clothes


Good initiative.

Wishlist item though: Please add info text per piece of clothing stating its license (AGPL in the case of MH items) and origin. If you get more contributors, this will grow even more important since it's not necessarily the case that all contributions are made under the same license terms.

Then a hint: The NPZ files are simply compiled versions of the clothes. They are created as a part of the build process when making distributable versions of MH. They are not necessary to distribute (MH is perfectly fine with opening the vanilla, uncompiled versions... The compilation is just there for speeding up things and saving some space).


No problem. I found the license file so I'll stick that in each directory for the resources I've included.

What should I do for the origins? I pulled the files from "/usr/share/makehuman/data/clothes". Should I just specify that they came from makehuman.org?

I will add the npz filetype to the .gitignore. Thanks for the info!
johnny2k
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:23 pm

Re: wanna share hairs and cloths ?

Postby joepal » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:24 am

johnny2k wrote:
joepal wrote:
johnny2k wrote:I just created a BitBucket repository to use for sharing clothing. Right now it only contains the default clothing but I'll be adding what I make starting tonight.

https://bitbucket.org/mh_clothing/clothes


Good initiative.

Wishlist item though: Please add info text per piece of clothing stating its license (AGPL in the case of MH items) and origin. If you get more contributors, this will grow even more important since it's not necessarily the case that all contributions are made under the same license terms.

Then a hint: The NPZ files are simply compiled versions of the clothes. They are created as a part of the build process when making distributable versions of MH. They are not necessary to distribute (MH is perfectly fine with opening the vanilla, uncompiled versions... The compilation is just there for speeding up things and saving some space).


No problem. I found the license file so I'll stick that in each directory for the resources I've included.

What should I do for the origins? I pulled the files from "/usr/share/makehuman/data/clothes". Should I just specify that they came from makehuman.org?

I will add the npz filetype to the .gitignore. Thanks for the info!


Just give the address to the homepage for the origin. That way it won't get outdated if source locations change.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal
 
Posts: 3608
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:20 am

Re: wanna share hairs and cloths ?

Postby learning » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:12 am

Can someone also add the things from viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11258 and viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11332 to the repository as well?
learning
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:36 am

Re: wanna share hairs and cloths ?

Postby joepal » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

learning wrote:Can someone also add the things from viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11258 and viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11332 to the repository as well?


For your own protection: get the author's explicit permission before putting anything online.

The MakeHuman stuff has been given explicit permission (under AGPL), but it is not as certain that a third part has given the same permission.

CC0 is not a viral license. So just because someone based a model on a CC0 foundation, does not mean that the end result is CC0. It is perfectly allowed to set an entirely different licence (even a commercial one) on something you based on CC0-licensed material.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal
 
Posts: 3608
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:20 am

Re: wanna share hairs and cloths ?

Postby learning » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:45 am

Well, one of those threads is something I made based on a CC0 mesh from blenderswap. Of course you have my permission, frankly I don't even care if I'm credited at all. The other one was my adaptation of mesh made by user wizardious, and he talked he wanted his work to be included in MH. Maybe ask him again just to be on the safe(r) side, but I don't forsee this to be a problem.
learning
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:36 am

Re: wanna share hairs and cloths ?

Postby joepal » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:12 am

learning wrote:Well, one of those threads is something I made based on a CC0 mesh from blenderswap. Of course you have my permission, frankly I don't even care if I'm credited at all. The other one was my adaptation of mesh made by user wizardious, and he talked he wanted his work to be included in MH. Maybe ask him again just to be on the safe(r) side, but I don't forsee this to be a problem.


The comment was intended as somewhat wider than those specific forum threads: It's a hint relevant for when including any third-part material in the repo. I applaud the initiative, so it's just to make early suggestions to hopefully avoid problems down the line.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal
 
Posts: 3608
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:20 am

Re: wanna share hairs and cloths ?

Postby learning » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:59 am

I can't get the files from here to work, sadly. Apparently, they ask for .obj files and those are not included?
learning
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:36 am

Re: wanna share hairs and cloths ?

Postby duststorm » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:53 am

learning wrote:they ask for .obj files and those are not included?

That appears to be the case indeed. To work, the repository should include either the .obj or the smaller .npz files of the mesh.
MakeHuman™ developer
User avatar
duststorm
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:57 am
Location: Belgium

Re: wanna share hairs and cloths ?

Postby learning » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:13 am

.obj is better, cause easier to edit imo. Who's working on this repo, can you fix it please?
learning
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:36 am

Re: wanna share hairs and cloths ?

Postby magicman » Tue May 19, 2015 4:25 pm

I'm not sure if the question has been answered, but marvelous designer latest version (I think V4) works just fine under wine. I use it myself and it is awesome. Just wish it could output quad mesh instead of triangle.

You can convert it to quads in blender just retopologize, very easy.
magicman
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to User contributions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest