Hello everyone I'm new here.

Tips, trick's, and links about computer graphics world

Moderator: joepal

Hello everyone I'm new here.

Postby Brandy Farfan » Mon May 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Brandy Farfan. And I'm a Blender and Maya user. But I use Blender full time now. For the last 1 and a half years. I always visit Make Human site almost everyday. Ever since my pal from animation class, told me about this Makehuman software. I like Make Human, because I find it more cool and original, and way more detailed, compared to all the other similar software out there eg. ICLONE, DAZ STUDIO, POSER etc. I mean Make Human is sooooooooo ahead, you can use it for Human Anatomy reference studies. Which is so cool! Unless you want to see the base mesh construction build up, to further the 3d artists quest, of making the "perfect mesh" suitable for making animated or morphable characters. Last year I installed Makehuman Alpha 5 instead of Alpha 6 by accident. But I must say, even with Alpha 5 still on my notebook, it is a pretty fun, yet deeply interesting program. Currently I'm learning, making human/ character forms, in Blender. And thanks to Blender cookies Kara Character modelling series, it's going pretty swell. And speeding up the learning process as well. Can't wait for my friend to get the Blenderella series for me. The polygonal hair section was really interesting. Anyway, I have never installed a Make Human nightly build. But I plan to do so in due time. I just hope it doesn't interfere with my MH alpha 5, He! He! Oh well, I'll uninstall alpha 5 if necessary. Well that's about it, as today is my Birthday. So I hope to have fun today. FOR REAL!! Bye guys. And keep up the good work. From Brandy Farfan. See Ya's!! :mrgreen:
Brandy Farfan

Re: Hello everyone I'm new here.

Postby robertltux » Mon May 28, 2012 6:48 pm

oaky a few things

1 the nightly installs to the same location that the older ones do so it will stomp all over the older version

2 but you want to install the nightly anyway due to the number of new features that have come out

3 the real fun stuff comes in when you start using the blender addons (in the tools directory) since you can make clothes and other "stuff"

4 don't forget to breath once in a while
robertltux

Return to Off topic