On doing a SecondLife Rig

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Re: On doing a SecondLife Rig

Postby robertltux » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:39 pm

ThomasL wrote:The blend file I use can be downloaded from https://rapidshare.com/files/218117158/second_life.blend

I would be interested in hearing feedback. How do you intend to get the rig into Second Life? Can you use the Collada file directly, or will you import the character into Blender first. It looks like the mhx importer works again.

i would be using the collada file as an avatar can you share the rig file??
robertltux

Postby ThomasL » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:55 pm

The rig file should be in svn. In MH/data/rigs.
ThomasL

Postby robertltux » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:12 pm

just a note it seems the whole model is rotated 90 degrees (the front of the model is facing RIGHT)
how easy would it be to fix this??
robertltux

Postby ThomasL » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:05 pm

There is a Rotate 90 option in collada export. Try to check/uncheck that. You need to rotate 90 degs for natural use in Blender (Z up), which is my testing ground, but should probably be unchecked for just about everything else (Y up).

That is a 90 degree rotation around X. It sounds like you perhaps need a rotation around Y. Not difficult to implement.
ThomasL

Postby robertltux » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:13 pm

ThomasL wrote:There is a Rotate 90 option in collada export. Try to check/uncheck that. You need to rotate 90 degs for natural use in Blender (Z up), which is my testing ground, but should probably be unchecked for just about everything else (Y up).

That is a 90 degree rotation around X. It sounds like you perhaps need a rotation around Y. Not difficult to implement.

as it happens both are needed no rotations the model ends up on her back with head on the left feet on the right
with rotation she ends up looking right instead of forward. it looks like the Texture Issue can be fixed in "PostWork" so if rotating the model fixes the rigging problems im seeing then Rigged Mesh Avatar support is basically done.
robertltux

Postby duststorm » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:19 pm

So you need another rotation of 90 degrees on Y axis, so the character is looking in positive Z I guess? Or is it -90?
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby ThomasL » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am

You can now rotate both around X and Y. 50% chance that he is facing backward. I will not have an opportunity to fix that until next week, however, because I will be away until Sunday.
ThomasL

Postby duststorm » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:40 am

Let us know if it works robert, if not I can point out how to fix it.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby robertltux » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:17 pm

duststorm wrote:Let us know if it works robert, if not I can point out how to fix it.

And that Dogs Name Is BINGO!!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5398233/badwolf ... ot_002.png

now if we can sort out an SL "proxy" then we can schedule the Rollings Stones for some Rock and Roll
robertltux

Postby ThomasL » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:00 pm

Is he/she supposed to look that way? Or is there a problem with the rig or the exported textures?
ThomasL

PreviousNext

Return to General discussions about makehuman