Daz Free Software

Tips, trick's, and links about computer graphics world

Moderator: joepal

Re: Daz Free Software

Postby gmr » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:30 pm

Making a mobile device application might cause stricter restrictions on:

- file size >80MB + additional content, 5MB/texture, it'll be fairly heavy application. Think about the nightly builds.
- mobile phone devices have worse total computational performance than personal computers
- more compatibility issues

Not sure if it's worth it to be honest. Lots of effort just to create a Makehuman-lite (less powerful, less stunning, less useful).

I see no reason why would anyone go for the lite version of MH. Contrary I see plenty of people who would love to go for some kind of Makehuman-extra (extra physics, extra texture features, extra anything). So far there weren't many people asking for MH phone app anyway - please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thus going for new/better (or finishing the WIP) features might be better than just expanding into new devices.
gmr

Postby Manuel » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:18 am

The goal of MH is to make a professional software, hyper specialized in making photo realistic humans, where it have to reach the state of the art and in order be used in production pipeline in CG industry.
It will be good to have some mass applications like the smartphones, but it's a secondary goal and we have not enough resources.

Best,

Manuel

PS:: Nightly is heavy due it include all development files, but the release is much smaller.
Manuel

Postby robertltux » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:59 pm

actually what i think should happen is that MakeHuman becomes The Standard Sapien Creator

As we get custom targets and exporters complete it could land up that those Commercial Applications may decide to create MHM importers.
robertltux

Previous

Return to Off topic