Begining custom targets for game meshes

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Begining custom targets for game meshes

Postby forsaken » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:14 am

robertltux wrote:mind dropping me an email with the subject BAD WOLF MakeKidlet??

i wanna see if you could do a custom target or two for me

at gmail dot commercial btw

My email is y2keeth@yahoo.com, I'll give whatever a go if the mesh can handle it.

Updated the zip in the second post also with more. I'll be making ALOT of these for my own purposes but I'll share what I make.

Also a question, my ultimate challenge is to morph the feet and toes into shoes and boots. Anyone have a easier way of making this happen? The Toes make it very difficult so far.
forsaken

Postby forsaken » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:51 am

I add a scroll bar to my "custom" wish list along with subfolders lol
forsaken

Postby forsaken » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:53 pm

Updated

forsakencustomtargets.zip
(68.62 KiB) Downloaded 564 times
forsaken

Postby robertltux » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:04 pm

i sent you an email with my idea/request did you get it?? (would have had BAD WOLF Kidlet as the subject)
robertltux

Postby forsaken » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:48 pm

robertltux wrote:i sent you an email with my idea/request did you get it?? (would have had BAD WOLF Kidlet as the subject)

No I didnt, weird. Unless it went to my spam folder or something. y2keeth@yahoo.com
forsaken

Postby Manuel » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Just to tell you that with the new site, we are thinking about a way to make an upload section for skilled contributors like you :-p
Manuel

Postby forsaken » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Manuel wrote:Just to tell you that with the new site, we are thinking about a way to make an upload section for skilled contributors like you :-p

Very cool idea, and thanks for calling me skilled ;) lol. I hope to contribute more things as I go, and to learn how to do some of the other things needed for makehuman.
forsaken

Postby Manuel » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:56 pm

forsaken wrote:
Manuel wrote:Just to tell you that with the new site, we are thinking about a way to make an upload section for skilled contributors like you :-p

Very cool idea, and thanks for calling me skilled ;) lol. I hope to contribute more things as I go, and to learn how to do some of the other things needed for makehuman.

Great!! So stay tuned ;)
I can't say when and how we implement this new service, but we are thinking about it.

//Manuel
Manuel

Postby forsaken » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:47 pm

Manuel wrote:
forsaken wrote:

Great!! So stay tuned ;)
I can't say when and how we implement this new service, but we are thinking about it.

//Manuel

:D
forsaken

Postby duststorm » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:32 pm

forsaken wrote:Also a question, my ultimate challenge is to morph the feet and toes into shoes and boots. Anyone have a easier way of making this happen? The Toes make it very difficult so far.

Maybe using the clothes feature of MH? Just create some shoes clothes and export your models with them. For a game you'd probably want to delete the underlying feet geometry to reduce polygon counts and connect the shoes to the legs to create a closed model.
I doubt whether morphing the feet into shoes is ideal, I think it could become quite messy.
The disadvantage of morphing is that when you deviate a lot from the basemesh you get topology problems. Either you have more vertices than you need, or you are short of them to express some details. The problem is that with morphing you're always stuck with the same geometry. That's why it might be interesting to investigate clothes. It works very well (I tried it ;))!

Another tip, and this goes for all types of clothes in general, you can also download free models, from http://www.blendswap.com or turbosquid.com
There are a lot of freely available clothes models there (I have come across shoes and boots), just make sure to have a look at the content license. I was thinking of porting a few of those to MH too if the license allows it.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

PreviousNext

Return to User contributions