Rendering on the iMac

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Rendering on the iMac

Postby DavidH » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:08 am

I have MH rendering fine on my Windows PC but MH throws a shader error when trying to do it on the iMac under OS X Leopard. The Render preview doesn't seem to work either.

Cheers

David
DavidH

Re: Rendering on the iMac

Postby Manuel » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:24 am

Try to post rendering problem on Aqsis forum...and if it's MH problem, tell us.
Manuel

Postby vatic » Tue May 20, 2008 12:55 am

I built from the SVN today successfully, but encountered bugs in two of the shader files:

in "skin2.sl," line 68, should read: if (useScreen == 1) {
in "skinbump.sl", line 19, should read: if ( hump2 > 0.01 ) {

Fixing these, cured the shader errors I was getting. You have to open the contents of the MakeHuman.app file and look in Resources/data/rib_data/shader_data/ to find these files, if you're using the release binary.

Given the above, I have to believe that no one is actively using the rendering feature of 0.9.1RC1 on OSX.

For me, Makehuman 0.9.1RC1 still mysteriously quits during a render. The 0.9.0 version works fine with both MacAqsis 0.9.1 and Pixie 2.2.2 (this on an iBook G4), but 0.9.1 isn't happy.

I've also altered "util.cpp" to utilize the new Aqsis.app, version 1.3.0, but it quits as well.

If I figure anything out, I'll surely let you know.

Best, Charles
vatic

Postby Manuel » Wed May 21, 2008 6:10 pm

Thanks.
Actually we are very busy with the core of next reelase. As soon it will be completed, rendering will be done using a simple python scripts plugin. While writing it, I'll take a look to this shader error. Thanks again to point me on the problem.

Regards,

Manuel
Manuel

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests