MakeTarget 2.0

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

MakeTarget 2.0

Postby TBruning » Wed May 14, 2008 9:42 am

First and foremost, the MakeHuman team should be commended for MakeTarget 2.0. It's a wonderful and very easy to use utility that needs some documentation.

A simple tutorial that explains the use of MakeTarget 2.0 and each of the button's functions would be of great help.
For instance, I don't know what the "Morph", "<=", "Fix" and "=>" buttons do.

Another issue I found in using MakeTarget 2.0 was symmetry. The first target I created was symmetrical and thusly modified both sides of the MakeHuman mesh when used in MakeHuman. The second one was not. I don't know what I did right to the first one nor what I did wrong in the second one but documentation would help to understand both.
Anyone care to reveal these secrets?

A tutorial or even a "readme.txt" included in the MakeTarget 2.0 package might clear up any misunderstandings and confusion about its use and give new users a quick means of getting started.

Anybody agree?
TBruning

Re: MakeTarget 2.0

Postby Nadow » Wed May 14, 2008 2:14 pm

So i write here what i know:

General steps:

1. Press "Tab" to go into Edit Mode
2. Modify the mesh like other meshes
3. The '=>'-Button copy the changes to the right side | The '<='-Button copy the changes to the left side
4. Press "Tab" to leave the Edit Mode
5. Press the 'Save target'-Button to save the target in a seperate file (The name must be like "Name.target")

Thats all what i have found out until yet.

Greets
Nadow
Desaster Games
// Lead artist
Nadow

Re: MakeTarget 2.0

Postby TBruning » Wed May 14, 2008 2:55 pm

I figured much of that out after reading the Python script. Luckily for me, I've previous programming experience, else I wouldn't have read it. I've since created two targets that modify the female form of the MakeHuman mesh. Not useful for its male counterpart.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, any information is good information.
TBruning

Return to User contributions