MHC_OT_WarningBox error (Blender + nightly build)

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

MHC_OT_WarningBox error (Blender + nightly build)

Postby joachip » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:22 pm

I know nightly builds are risky but I decided to try this in Blender 3.0 anyway. Everything works except the MakeClothes2 plugin which throws this error when I try enabling it in Blender list of add-ons:

Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Programs64\Blender\3.0\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 351, in enable
    mod = __import__(module_name)
  File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\makeclothes\__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
    from .infobox import MHC_OT_InfoBox,MHC_OT_WarningBox
ImportError: cannot import name 'MHC_OT_WarningBox' from 'makeclothes.infobox' (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\makeclothes\infobox.py)

I tried a version of the MakeClothes2 plugin from June 2021, and that works. But versions from September 2021 and later no longer work. So something must have happened around that time. (The nightly build of MakeSkin and MakeTarget are working just fine.)

Is this a known problem, or is it my setup that's wonky?
joachip

Re: MHC_OT_WarningBox error (Blender + nightly build)

Postby punkduck » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:32 pm

Hi

Sorry to answer late. I installed makeclothes on a linux system (using git clone to get the newest version etc.). Here it works. Did you eventually reuse an old file, simply by copying it?

I wonder, because yes, I did a change on that. If you look at the following link, I changed the bl_idname (the unique name for blender to reference the function) from info.warningbox to makeclothes.warningbox for obvious reasons. Using info in front would crash with other Blender tools eventually. Here you can see the change and the date as well:

https://github.com/makehumancommunity/community-plugins-makeclothes/commit/48f8193496927978d5febd1d7fde57d0bde177cb

Can you simply check if inside the

Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\makeclothes\infobox.py

is a class MHC_OT_WarningBox?

Your file should look like this (in line 51 you will find the code of the warning box):

https://github.com/makehumancommunity/community-plugins-makeclothes/blob/master/makeclothes/infobox.py

For your information:
The InfoBox displays all the tests (like each vertex is assigned to a group etc.). The WarningBox is called when you want to overwrite already existent clothes without "overwrite existent files"-box selected.

Greetings
Punkduck
punkduck

Re: MHC_OT_WarningBox error (Blender + nightly build)

Postby joachip » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:42 pm

Oh wow, this time the nightly build version of MakeClothes didn't throw an error when enabling it. I have no idea what I did wrong the other times I tried. But knowing which files to check and where they are was a big help.

It works now! :D

Sorry for the interruption, and keep up the good work.
joachip

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests