Making Fat Women in Make Human

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: Making Fat Women in Make Human

Postby Ricardo2020 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:17 pm

Greetings, Joe.

I am using MH v1.2.0 running on Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.2 Uma. I downloaded all the body shape resources from your github page at the link that you have provided and then put them in the right places within the correct folders inside MH. They all show up as though all is well.

The plugin which calls them is active and the sliders are there under the tab specified. However, when a slider is moved, nothing happens to the model, which is the default base that loads when MH starts.

Screenshot from 2021-10-18 13-08-16.png
Body Shape Plugin For MH by Joe Paul
Screenshot of MH v1.2.0 on Spanky

I can see how this will be a really nice addition once it is working properly. Thus, I shall leave it in there so that I can update it as your work progresses. In the mean time, a workaround is simply to use the targets inside the custom folder. There, they seem to work fine. This has me scratching my head since I am not a python guru.

I must give you thanks for all the hard work you have put into the community and the code which makes it all possible. Keep going. I shall follow your progress and share the results as best I can.
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Postby punkduck » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:53 pm

Hi

Well I had a similar problem, because the "female" was cut out and the system tried to handle it as a macro-target. To see what is happening, you should look in the log file. In my case it complained that the target was missing.

However: Elvs targets will be fully integrated in next MakeHuman 1.2.1, because MakeHuman then offers body shapes (we already have head shapes, so body shapes were a good enhancement).

... There are some targets which she still wants to improve but a lot is already working ... it is still an unmerged branch, of course it is possible to check it out, compile the targets and replace makehuman ... but be careful I also changed some stuff to get tool tips etc. ... I would not recommend this without the knowledge how the software works. Nevertheless here is the path.

https://github.com/makehumancommunity/makehuman/tree/bodyshapes

we also try to add some information to make it more professional, this is, what it looks like today ..

bodyshapes.png

the slider names will be changed, I guess and maybe some other things as well. But in the end it will be pretty seamless and fits 100% to the rest. This extra-plugin will disappear, when it is fully integrated,
punkduck

Postby Ricardo2020 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:14 am

Greetings, folks.

I got the body shapes plugin to work. I had to check and correct the names of the target files and edit the python file. The file had the wrong text inside, being a bunch of HTML stuff that I had to remove to make the file blank after which I went to Joe's github link to retrieve his script, which I copied and pasted into the local file.

The reason the original trial failed, referred to and shown in the screen shot in the post above this one, was due to targets being improperly downloaded from github, showing up containing HTML rather than the script python recognizes. I unzipped Elv's final versions from the threads and private notes here at the community and put them in the proper share folder. Voila! It worked.

In summery, I used Joe's original python file and Elv's final target files and all worked in MH v1.2.0 the way it should. To do this on your own box, put the plugin inside your home/../plugins folder and the targets inside your share/../data/targets/bodyshapes folder (you will need to create the bodyshapes folder since it is not there by default.)

If all goes well, there will be a new tab under modelling called body shapes. Clicking on this tab will bring up the new targets for female primatives and hormonal types. This is going to be a real time saver since it avoids a ton of individual fader tweaks to arrive at a model that can be created with one fader, allowing for some precision tweaks afterwards to get the perfect BBW shape and size.

I am in awe of all the hard work it took to get this far and the speed with which it was accomplished. My hat is off to Joe, Punkduck and Elvaerwyn for their selfless and tireless effort, advancing MH by a large order of magnitude.

I cannot thank them enough...
Last edited by Ricardo2020 on Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricardo2020

Postby Ricardo2020 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:52 am

Hello, folks.

I am looking at Punkduck's github files and have finally figured out how to put it all together. And so, I shall assemble the files the right way this time since they are all correct at github. I just need to get them on my machine with the proper contents intact. I am a github noob...

When I get all this put together, I shall post the resulting test renders here.

Screenshot from 2021-10-19 11-06-58.png
Winnifred Owens, yoga student
Mount Olympus City, Mars

Above, we see a screenshot of MH v1.2.0 with an SSBBW model by the name of Winnifred Owens loaded. This model started out from the default base and has the thyroid shape at 100% along with several tweaks using the complete BBW target set by Elv and some standard sliders native to the program. The body shapes tab is using the python script by Joe.

We are working on installing and testing a second version of this plugin which will use the github resources made by Punkduck. This second version he has made includes targets for male and female body types along with some improvements to the plugin interface and controls. Since the second version relies on JSON files called from the python file, it will be a bit more of a challenge to get up and running.

Many thanks are in order for a job well done by three incredible people. I am honoured to be on the beta testing crew...
Ricardo2020

Postby Ricardo2020 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:11 pm

This is Lizzie Kennedy, a rocket scientist from Mars who also enjoys being in the pool when she is not working on the latest interplanetary spacecraft design. Lizzie is a very large woman, suffering from a host of metabolic disorders ranging from thyroid to kidney issues. Her problems are genetic. She has been heavy since birth. Thanks to the low gravity on Mars, she can avoid many of the deteriorating issues she would face on Earth.

Lizzie Bikini 2.png
Lizzie Kennedy posing in bikini
Mount Olympus Recreational Center, Mars
Custom BBW Targets by Elvaerwyn

In the image above, I have rendered Lizzie from eight angles in order to depict her lovely curves for, even though she is quite thick, her beauty is clearly evident. I arrived at her shape by using an extensive collection of custom targets which include not only morphs affecting certain body parts to others that sculpt the entire model based on body types and hormonal conditions. As of this posting, she is the most accurate ssbbw I have made to date.

Below are some facts about the model.

Name: Elizabeth "Lizzie" Kennedy
Birthplace: Mount Olympus Medical Center, Mount Olympus City, Mars
Race: Martian Caucasian Human Female
Hair: blonde, medium length, straight, shiny and thick
Eyes: green with rainbow sparkles
Skin: pale white with tiny sparse moles
Height: 5 feet 2 inches, short petite
Weight: 258 pounds, size 18
Intellect: Mensa genius, 150 IQ
Education: Master in aeronautics
Profession: rocket design engineer
Health: clinically obese
Strength: moderate
Endurance: low
Constitution: normal
Dexterity: left handed
Sight: 20/30
Medical Conditions: type 2 diabetes
Lifestyle: sedentary (workstation desk job)
Hobbies: music, swimming, flying
Manners: bubbly and obnoxious
Emotion: extroverted and determined
Religion: pagan
Alignment: chaotic good
Ricardo2020

Previous

Return to Gallery