The female clothes mashed when unchecking hidden faces?

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

The female clothes mashed when unchecking hidden faces?

Postby makehuman987 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:24 am

hi,
I am using makehuman to creat 3D characters, after adding clothes on the female body, the clothes seemed not to fit body well, as the pic shows. After check the option " hidding meshes under clothes" , there's no such problem.
However, I need all the body meshes and clothes meshes at the same time for post process in blender, thus I need to uncheck the hidding mesh option.
How can I solve this?
Attachments
clothes bug of female character.png
makehuman987
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:41 am

Re: The female clothes mashed when unchecking hidden faces?

Postby woodcat » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:43 am

makehuman987 wrote:However, I need all the body meshes and clothes meshes at the same time for post process in blender, thus I need to uncheck the hidding mesh option.
How can I solve this?
After checking "hidding meshes under clothes", the body is only hidden by the mask, but is not removed. All meshes remain and can be enabled and edited in Blender.
Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.
User avatar
woodcat
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:53 pm
Location: Moscow

Re: The female clothes mashed when unchecking hidden faces?

Postby makehuman987 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:11 am

I thought it was like what you said, while strangely in blender the mesh under clothes seems missing, as the pic shows. Did I miss any operations in blender?
I also used "len(bpy.data.objects['female001_testMesh'].data.vertices)", the result is 10951,which is not the same as a naked man or woman with vertices of 13380.
Attachments
clothes_bug_of_female_2.png
makehuman987
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:41 am

Re: The female clothes mashed when unchecking hidden faces?

Postby woodcat » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:30 pm

makehuman987 wrote:I thought it was like what you said, while strangely in blender the mesh under clothes seems missing, as the pic shows. Did I miss any operations in blender?
All you have to do there is turn off the mask:

  1. With clothes
  2. Without clothes with mask
  3. Mask off

1. Image 2. Image 3. Image
Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.
User avatar
woodcat
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:53 pm
Location: Moscow

Re: The female clothes mashed when unchecking hidden faces?

Postby makehuman987 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:02 am

hi,dear woodcat:
I didnot find the "hidden face" item, as the pic shows. Could you kindly show me in English? Sorry I didnot understand Russia.
Attachments
hidden faces.png
makehuman987
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:41 am

Re: The female clothes mashed when unchecking hidden faces?

Postby woodcat » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:11 pm

makehuman987 wrote:I didnot find the "hidden face" item, as the pic shows. Could you kindly show me in English?

With apologies, I did not translate the interface because all the necessary items were in English. But for simplicity please:

Image Image

And I don't see a "Hide" mask in your screenshot. There is an option to remove hidden surfaces on import. Maybe it should be looked for and turned off.

Russian immigrants in NYC: We have been living here for 2 years now, and the natives haven't learned Russian yet.
Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.
User avatar
woodcat
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:53 pm
Location: Moscow

Re: The female clothes mashed when unchecking hidden faces?

Postby punkduck » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:45 pm

Hi

Hidden faces or not: it depends on the way the character is exported. With mhx2 "hidden faces" must be switched off. When imported you must eventually overwrite exported data and use "modifier".
What did you use? There are some ways to export a character. MPFB, mhx2, collada ,,,

For skin under clothes some user or "custom" targets are not changing the helper mesh, so clothes may bleed through. Only a few users know that the helper also must be changed. Typically clothes (except from e.g. underwear) are bound to helper meshes. Most "official" targets are more correct but of course will never be perfect.

For the helper:
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:Basemesh

Why it sometimes does not work:
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:MakeClothes_Delete-Groups


@woodcat: same over here ... Germans in Spain (Italy, Turkey ...) in vacation, they always think everyone speaks German as well. But there is help on the way, the lowest common denominator is that the other nations learnt what Bratwurst means and so at least my fellowcountrymen will not starve :lol:
User avatar
punkduck
 
Posts: 1123
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:24 pm
Location: Nuremberg, Germany

Re: The female clothes mashed when unchecking hidden faces?

Postby makehuman987 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:34 am

woodcat wrote:
makehuman987 wrote:I didnot find the "hidden face" item, as the pic shows. Could you kindly show me in English?

With apologies, I did not translate the interface because all the necessary items were in English. But for simplicity please:

Image Image

And I don't see a "Hide" mask in your screenshot. There is an option to remove hidden surfaces on import. Maybe it should be looked for and turned off.

Russian immigrants in NYC: We have been living here for 2 years now, and the natives haven't learned Russian yet.


Thanks woodcat. I haven't found "Hide" mask. You said an option "remove hidden surfaces on import", I tried to import several formats in blender->import but didn't find this option. I am still new to blender and using blender 2.93. Could you give me any clue on this? Thanks a lot.
Attachments
import_Blender.png
makehuman987
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:41 am

Re: The female clothes mashed when unchecking hidden faces?

Postby makehuman987 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:46 am

punkduck wrote:Hi

Hidden faces or not: it depends on the way the character is exported. With mhx2 "hidden faces" must be switched off. When imported you must eventually overwrite exported data and use "modifier".
What did you use? There are some ways to export a character. MPFB, mhx2, collada ,,,

For skin under clothes some user or "custom" targets are not changing the helper mesh, so clothes may bleed through. Only a few users know that the helper also must be changed. Typically clothes (except from e.g. underwear) are bound to helper meshes. Most "official" targets are more correct but of course will never be perfect.

For the helper:
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:Basemesh

Why it sometimes does not work:
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:MakeClothes_Delete-Groups


@woodcat: same over here ... Germans in Spain (Italy, Turkey ...) in vacation, they always think everyone speaks German as well. But there is help on the way, the lowest common denominator is that the other nations learnt what Bratwurst means and so at least my fellowcountrymen will not starve :lol:


hi, dear punkduck:
Thanks, I am trying to export from makehuman as .fbx file. It seems .obj format imported in blender has the same problem. The links you give seems helpful and I will read through it carefully.
makehuman987
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:41 am

Re: The female clothes mashed when unchecking hidden faces?

Postby woodcat » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:02 pm

makehuman987 wrote:You said an option "remove hidden surfaces on import", I tried to import several formats in blender->import but didn't find this option. I am still new to blender and using blender 2.93.

Yeah, that's a problem… .fbx has no such option. I guess only the native MH formats have it, and the others have it cut.

But I could not activate the .mhx2 import plugin in Blender 2.93.
Could you give me any clue on this?

I couldn't find a very elegant solution, so I can only suggest importing into Blender via MPFB or MPFB2. In this case the "hidden face" is preserved. Although it may not be very convenient for "mass produce". Or wait for the .mhx2 to be adapted to Blender 2.93.
Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.
User avatar
woodcat
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:53 pm
Location: Moscow

Next

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest