Need more stylized toons

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Need more stylized toons

Postby Prosper21 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:45 pm

Hello there!
Make human characters are great but I find that too realistic for a project I am working on.
Thus I would need more stylized toon target characters.
Prosper21

Re: Need more stylized toons

Postby Elvaerwyn » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:02 am

Greetings,
And welcome! There are many pathways to success here tbh! Off the top of my head I would suggest viewing your creations using the toon shader system rather than basic skin shader setups. Also the body would then benefit from changes that make the toon less close to reality in a very basic way, such as enlarged eye targets or stylized body type targets. There are many in the asset repository and I am sure many more in your creative mind. Are you into considering target creation yourself blender side for instance?
Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby Prosper21 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:11 pm

I'm considering creating myself a stylized target in blender. But I'm not good at modeling, that's why I asked for help.
Prosper21

Postby Ricardo2020 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:45 pm

The target in question is what we call a general morph, in that it affects the entire model when dialed up.

An ongoing project being considered here is a collection of typical body types for standard humans.

What you might want to consider is a toon mod like this one:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/target/toon_eyes_and_slim_body.html

What this target does is thin out the waist, lengthen the limbs, and shape the face. It creates that classic pixie/alien model when dialed up to maximum. It is very effective for creating all manner of offworlders.

Here is an example:

Procyonic Female 2.png
Yellow Female Alien from Procyon
Toon Eys and Slim Body target

Other targets were also used, including the ones for elven ears.
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader