How can I mark the body part in makehuman?

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Re: How can I mark the body part in makehuman?

Postby makehuman987 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:33 am

hi, dear joe and punkduck:
Sorry to interrupt. I met a new problem. I need to get the coordinates of some verts, but in "Edit mode" in blender, the bone and the meshed body are separated from each other, just as the pic shows, in this situation, the foot may move during the animation but the coordinates of the verts on the foot keep the same.
How could I solve this problem?
Attachments
bone_mesh problem.png
makehuman987

Postby joepal » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:53 am

This is because your rig modifier is disabled for edit mode. Enable it and you should see the modification in edit mode too:

armature_edit.png
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby makehuman987 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:54 am

Thanks,joe.
The moment I solved it, I saw you reply. :D
Yet another question occured, this question I think maybe appropriate to post here, when character made in makehuman(which saved as .fbx file) imported into Blender, the Y coordinates for the body in .fbx seems to be negative Z coordinates in Blender, while the Z coordinates seems to be Y coordinates in Blender.
This demonstrates makehuman's coordinates system is different from that in Blender, however I need to assure the coordinates system to be same since some transfromations will be applied.
I tried to change the import settings of blender, but it didn't work.
Sorry not to import characters using the MFPB2 since animation should be added through mixamo, so characters in makehuman needs to be save as .fbx file.
Could you give any clue about this?
makehuman987

Postby makehuman987 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:27 am

Dear joe and punkduck:
have you met the above fbx import problem? what might be the reason for this? Could you please give me some clue? Thanks a lot.
Attachments
Walking002.rar
(881.75 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
makehuman987

Postby joepal » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:50 pm

The FBX export in MakeHuman is suboptimal. It is a port from an old version of Blender's FBX import/export, and there are things in it which does not really work in all circumstances. Since FBX is a very complex and proprietary format for which we have no access to any form of documentation, it is unlikely we will ever be able to fix this.

In general, you are better off importing via MPFB or MHX to Blender and then in Blender re-export to FBX. The Blender guys have better grip of the FBX internals than we do.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Previous

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests