he Goodies (Brit TV Show) Animations using MH

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

he Goodies (Brit TV Show) Animations using MH

Postby DrHas » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:49 am

Hello everybody, I hope all are well? I've been busy, since my last post here...probably a year and a half ago. Joel's skin shader when he rewrote it.

Gosh, Makehuman has come along in leaps and bounds. And whilst, there seems to be a plethora of similar character creation types of software like Makehuman and for Blender these day, and I suspect some of them don't require the steep learning curve of MH - I started learning character creation using MH - the maturity of Makehuman means all possibilities are available in the creation of characters for animation. Not just rubbish Pixar characters with giant eyes and plastic hair lol! I know some of u won't agree though.

So without further ado here are two quick 3d animated experiments I created using Makehuman and Blender. Some of you may have heard of The Goodies, a British TV show in the 70s. Think Monty Python as a reference. Same troupe. But I took some of The Goodies dialog from a couple of their fake advertising sketches contained within their program and basically animated to fit the audio.

This is another reason why I love Makehuman so much - using the background image section - much like a person who draws, I carve my characters from pictures into the ethereal materials contained in Blender lol. I have 4 degrees, 2 audio degrees, a music honours degree and a Master of Philosophy in Fine Farts.

Anyway here the 1st I finished a couple of weeks ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-M0PxdFR8o it's still a work in progress.
And I finished this one a couple of days ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuYipbcKycw this one isn't as strong as the above one, but you probably can see I've ironed out all the technical difficulties. One of them being, I finally understand how to use Joel's expanded skin shader and fucking texturing. I can now rip the great assets up that you guys make - add new textures and create whole new and better fitting costumes for the work I'm doing. For example, in the second piece I took one of the sailor school tops, cut off all the extra bits and turned it into an ill fitting school jumper. So cool.

Make sure you like and share if you enjoy the work. I'm working on the infamous Kitten Kong sketch as we speak - more Goodies. Yes, complete with Giant Kat, The London Post Office Tower and The Goodies as mice. I've even worked how to get fur onto the characters properly.

Cheers Guys.
DrHas

Return to Gallery