MH Problems

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Re: MH Problems

Postby rcp » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:34 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone ever found some resolution to this issue. I seem to have the exact same problem.
rcp

Postby RobBaer » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:09 pm

rcp wrote:Hi, just wondering if anyone ever found some resolution to this issue. I seem to have the exact same problem.

This thread is old enough to be irrelevant. Your post is not clear enough to help.

What MH are you using on what OS? What does your makehuman.log file look like?
RobBaer

Postby Ardiana » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:43 pm

I've also been waiting for a reply for months now to my issue. Running from source doesn't seem to work. The problem is with Makehuman software. I need to somehow be able to tell it to use my current display driver, not the one that's disabled...
Ardiana

Postby rcp » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:42 am

RobBaer wrote:This thread is old enough to be irrelevant. Your post is not clear enough to help.

What MH are you using on what OS? What does your makehuman.log file look like?

I was primarily interested in finding out how/if the original reporters of this problem ever found a solution, my outline for the issue is identical.
rcp

Postby RobBaer » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:02 pm

rcp wrote:I was primarily interested in finding out how/if the original reporters of this problem ever found a solution, my outline for the issue is identical.

So you are getting a 1282 error with the beta2 version of the software after upgrading your video card and you are using Windows 7?

My suggestion would be to uninstall beta2, and try installing the current release version. If your log is not identical to OP's log, it might be helpful to post it.

Have you tried starting with the --no shaders flag, and if so, how did that work?
RobBaer

Postby joepal » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:37 am

Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby VapeLord » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:10 pm

RobBaer wrote:
rcp wrote:Hi, just wondering if anyone ever found some resolution to this issue. I seem to have the exact same problem.

This thread is old enough to be irrelevant....

If this thread is so irrelevant, why is the problem still relevant? :!:

If I had found a solution back then, I would have posted it here too, but nothing worked. The other two users who are currently struggling with the problem will probably have done exactly the same steps as described a few pages earlier, and they too seem to have had no success. :?:
I know that you guys also have a life besides Makehuman and can't take care of everything, but you can spare such answers then.
This does not really help...
VapeLord

Postby VapeLord » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:26 pm

What I personally would be interested in is where in the programming of MH it says which graphics resource it should or can use. If it comes with two graphics cards to the confusion with MH, it should be possible to tell MH explicitly which it should use. With all the switchable graphics options outside of MH, all of which do not help with the problem, one should perhaps consider creating an additional script or something similar to intervene directly in MH and so directly say which graphics card it should use, right?

Is just a thought....

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
VapeLord

Postby joepal » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:13 am

Regarding the selection of graphics card, this is outside of what we can even theoretically control. Neither Qt nor OpenGL provide this kind of fine-grained control. It is determined by the graphics drivers. See for example https://forum.qt.io/topic/98308/forcing ... rd-in-qt/3.

Regarding the wider range of problems arising with the use of some graphics cards vs MakeHuman: If we had known how to solve these problems, we would have done so. It is not as if we have solutions that we for some reason do not care to provide.

There are several reasons why it is hard to solve these problems. The foremost problem lies with the 3d core of MakeHuman's code base, which is ancient and written by people who are no longer around. In edge cases and on some graphics cards it fails, for unknown reasons. The next problem is that we do not have access to the hardware that makehuman fails to work with. It is very difficult to solve a problem you cannot see.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Previous

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests